iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #9,676 of 13,503
Quote:
So rooted the phone, updated the SU binary and also installed the newest version of ES File Explorer and ES Task Manager

intresting discovery

even though there is no cell phone chip on the DX100

2g/3g is turned on by default. This is the  wireless network under location and security. Turn that bad boy off...

Is this possibly a/the big battery killer ?

Thanks for all your devotion figgie

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #9,677 of 13,503
well not sure.

THere is no cell chip so no power wasted there. perhaps wasted CPU cyles. Also GPS is also turned on... another thing that needs to be killed.

Looking at the DX100 i have.

504MB  483 Available. no pops. No clicks...

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #9,678 of 13,503
Quote:
Use mp3 tag to do your batch conversions. Follow my guide on how to do it. It's quite easy and you can do entire albums on the fly with my guide. Pretty much select the auto numbering wizard and check "Leading zeros for tracknumbers". Then you input this %track% %title% in the icon listed just below the tools tab. By doing this it will take your track number and Title and combine them automatically renaming your filename so it will show up as 01 Everybody instead of 1. Everybody, etc. Just be sure to have your files properly in order from 1,2,3,4 listed in mp3tag as the auto numbering will rename your track numbers otherwise.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Regarding file sorting, I did follow the guide - batch rename my flac and mp3 to 01, 02, ....  however, it's not 100% that the DX100 would read them in order since I did have problems with unplugged albums I have (Jay-z/Korn).  You still need to use programs like  CopyInOrder or DriveSort to fix the ordering issue after renaming -- something how a device saves the short names and long names of each file. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #9,679 of 13,503
Quote:
well not sure.

THere is no cell chip so no power wasted there. perhaps wasted CPU cyles. Also GPS is also turned on... another thing that needs to be killed.

Looking at the DX100 i have.

504MB  483 Available. no pops. No clicks...

maybe you can try freezing some services using titanium backup to know which services to exclude in the new firmware 
smily_headphones1.gif

also, just curious, if it is possible to turn off some of the outputs thru software? e.g. optical and coaxial

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #9,680 of 13,503
... I just let it load for 15 to 20 minutes and all the album art is present on the new firmware. No issues with having to play through files to get everything showing....

This seems to be absolutely the case. I just loaded a couple more albums on and their album art popped up automatically after a few minutes - no playing of tracks necessary.

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #9,681 of 13,503
I recommend using "Root Uninstaller" to remove some of those useless system apps. "SetCPU" is also pretty useful to down-clock the player under certain conditions.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #9,684 of 13,503
Yep I uninstalled bluetooth and disable WIFI unless I need to download something. Otherwise you can hear little crackly-pops while listening to music. Definitely gets the horns to come out when listening to music.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #9,685 of 13,503
I was reading about an amplifier on Audiogon that I never heard of. When I went on their site, I was surprised to see free 24/96 downloads. I wanted to share this with all your DX-100 owners. The music is well recorded jazz that is on the warm and natural side. The stand up bass to me is a little too close to the mike as it can sound overpowering at times. I hope you enjoy these. Just go to this website and go to downloads and then recordings.  Happy holidays Jeff      http://www.bakoonproducts.com/

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #9,686 of 13,503
Quote:
I was reading about an amplifier on Audiogon that I never heard of. When I went on their site, I was surprised to see free 24/96 downloads. I wanted to share this with all your DX-100 owners. The music is well recorded jazz that is on the warm and natural side. The stand up bass to me is a little too close to the mike as it can sound overpowering at times. I hope you enjoy these. Just go to this website and go to downloads and then recordings.  Happy holidays Jeff      http://www.bakoonproducts.com/

Great info! Thanks, I am sure there are people here who will enjoy the music.
-----------------------

I have been using the DX and the fi.Q for the last few days, leaving them playing constantly and I have to say, the sound is even better. Great clarity and just plain good sound.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #9,687 of 13,503
Quote:

Thanks for the link nice.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #9,689 of 13,503
Quote:
Is there anyone knows why the volume button still works even If I plugged headphone into the line out?it supposed to be by pass the amp section right?

No they are using the volume control that is built into the Sabre DAC. This is inherent to the Sabre design. So everything is being done in the digital domain and IMO to the best effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back