iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #9,440 of 13,503
Quote:
in conversion setup go to  destination settings and there's an option saying convert each track to an individual file.

Thanks man

Your making my day LOL

im able to convert up to 176 ,but foobar will error on the 88 and 176 but
vlc will play them and report correctly as well . Winamp also plays them

Not sure why foobar wont play the files it converts lol

I ve had it set to split/generate as individuals ,that seems my only problem now
it wont split to individuals no matter what i do . Should i just pack that idea in ?

Will dx100 play these flacs/waves at 88 or 176 . im too lazy to try now and dx100
needs a charge any how .

How high can i go in conversion settings before its wasting time or damaging sound ?
Or how much can a sacd be converted to ?

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #9,441 of 13,503
Quote:
Hey guys do you have any news to the iBasso Desktop DAC? 4*ES9018 
gs1000.gif

I think it will be a little while. They have been very busy with the DX. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #9,442 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks man

Your making my day LOL

im able to convert up to 176 ,but foobar will error on the 88 and 176 but
vlc will play them and report correctly as well . Winamp also plays them

Not sure why foobar wont play the files it converts lol

I ve had it set to split/generate as individuals ,that seems my only problem now
it wont split to individuals no matter what i do . Should i just pack that idea in ?

Will dx100 play these flacs/waves at 88 or 176 . im too lazy to try now and dx100
needs a charge any how .

How high can i go in conversion settings before its wasting time or damaging sound ?
Or how much can a sacd be converted to ?

My error i should nt read w/out my specs it will split sorry

But other questions still stand

And cheers you made this a good nite mate
Cheers

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #9,444 of 13,503
Hello, has someone tried the DX100 with the AudioTechnica W3000ANV closed headphone ?  I read from another thread that they do not pair very well ?

thanks

I think these things get blown a bit out of proportion. They are both excellent pieces of equipment and sound very good together. The detail and layering is terrific. However, as you would expect with revealing gear like this, badly mastered tracks sound bad. They don't have the kind of special synergy that some gear pairings enjoy. They are also a bit incompatible in the sense that the DX is a portable powerhouse - while you wouldn't want (well I wouldn't want) to take that expensive, gorgeous wood out into the unforgiving world to be scuffed and marked.

On the other hand, the headband looks so ridiculous :atsmile: that the DX may be a good option when you feel the need to hide in a closet, or the bathroom, away from the mocking looks of your better half.

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #9,445 of 13,503
The DX100 supports AIFF, but I'm having trouble with cover arts, artist name and so on. My AIFF library comes from iTunes. It's not very important for me, but still, I hope in the next firmware it will work better. Make it easier when you look for a song.

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #9,446 of 13,503
Quote:
The DX100 supports AIFF, but I'm having trouble with cover arts, artist name and so on. My AIFF library comes from iTunes. It's not very important for me, but still, I hope in the next firmware it will work better. Make it easier when you look for a song.

Tried checking the tags with Mp3 tag?

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #9,447 of 13,503
Quote:
Does the DX100 support the AIFF file format?

Quote:
Tried checking the tags with Mp3 tag?

I have a mac, tried to download an Mp3 tag version for mac someone made a while ago but it wasn't available any more. Just checked again now and I was able to download it. Will try it.

I make the tags with XLD when I rip my cd's, just hope I won't have to change my entire library...love XLD, don't want to change. Works without problem on ipod and mac.

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #9,448 of 13,503
Quote:

I have a mac, tried to download an Mp3 tag version for mac someone made a while ago but it wasn't available any more. Just checked again now and I was able to download it. Will try it.

I make the tags with XLD when I rip my cd's, just hope I won't have to change my entire library...love XLD, don't want to change. Works without problem on ipod and mac.

You can check my mp3tag guide. Not sure if it can be applied entirely to your situation but if you are using mp3tag I'm sure a lot of it is applicable. This should allow you to batch tag and get it done a lot faster and get them squeaky clean. I am super anal about my tags in my library. Everything is neat.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

This is quite strange. I'm on Windows 8 and I swear the music sounds better. More clear. This is even in bit for bit and I still am perceiving this difference...
confused_face_2.gif
  Also Windows 8 runs a lot faster than Windows 7. I kinda don't like the mac style and the missing Start menu but I added one myself so I'm good. Seems even lighter than XP at this point. It even installed super fast lol. Just finished installing most if not all my programs and tweaking the setting for my SSD. Made a system image so I'm quite cherry. If I end up messing up the install or get a virus I'll be up again in less than 10 minutes :).

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #9,449 of 13,503
OK guys, I just bought on SON&VIDEO my headphone ATH-W3000ANV  
L3000.gif
    Looking forward receiving it !

I was wondering if the  iBasso DX100 will have a good synergy with the ATH-W3000 ?   I know the DX100 is a very good DAP, but I read somewhere here that it does not pair very well with the ATH-W3000 ?!

Alternatively, I can wait for the Centrance Hifi-M8  DAC/AMP and use it with a SAMSUNG S3 (with special firmware to support 24/192 mHz).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back