iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #8,986 of 13,503
Nov 12, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #8,987 of 13,503
Nov 12, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #8,989 of 13,503
Quote:
We've fallen down the pit of madly expensive gear. When it gets lonely down here, we post reviews. 

biggrin.gif
exactly

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #8,991 of 13,503
..well done iBasso! everything went absolutely perfect! :)

DX100 was shipped last thursday from Hong Kong, arrived in Zurich Switzerland today.
And they even put in the right power cable for Switzerland (it's different from EU Plug..)

that's quite amazing guys! :) not even german companies give the proper power cable....

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #8,992 of 13,503
Quote:

And before hordes of Linkin Park fans come after me: My wife likes Linkin Park. I don't. But this is pretty damn cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtwZ07N1ic - I don't like all of their music, but I respect the skills.

I do not like Linkin park, actually I can not stand them. They definetly have a unique sound! The "talking" of the lead singer is unnerving to my ears. lol.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #8,993 of 13,503
Quote:
Battery life isn't as good as on other firmwares. Its around 6 hours and 23 minutes on constant playback for me. This is without touching the screen much at all. Still sounds good though :).

THis is a guess

the reseting of the DSP is a very high power tax.

If my calculations are right, with the LESS resetting of the DSP it shoud extended battery longevity by a bit. How much is hard to say as that also relies on the coding.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #8,994 of 13,503
Quote:
I do not like Linkin park, actually I can not stand them. They definetly have a unique sound! The "talking" of the lead singer is unnerving to my ears. lol.

Chester probably have one of the most versatile vocals I ever heard. :)

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #8,995 of 13,503
Read on AV Watch there is a upcoming firmware update for the Japanese HDP-R10 to remove Google Play app, for sake of "maintaining high sound quality and stability". Not sure if this will be applied to DX100 but all R10 units from 30th of Nov will be with this firmware version.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #8,996 of 13,503
Quote:
Chester probably have one of the most versatile vocals I ever heard. :)

You might want to look up Skunk Anansie and their lead singer Skin...

The stuff most know them for: 

A live performance of "You'll Follow Me Down":

...and she's even better live. They really should hook up with Dr. Chesky and HDTracks as she is clearly limited by the CD medium.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #8,997 of 13,503
Read on AV Watch there is a upcoming firmware update for the Japanese HDP-R10 to remove Google Play app, for sake of "maintaining high sound quality and stability". Not sure if this will be applied to DX100 but all R10 units from 30th of Nov will be with this firmware version.

I knew about this some time ago , as Hibino was requesting a better SQ/software .
Will it come to the DX100? this is what I am hoping for (at least in the coming month or 2).

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #8,998 of 13,503
Quote:
I knew about this some time ago , as Hibino was requesting a better SQ/software .
Will it come to the DX100? this is what I am hoping for (at least in the coming month or 2).

So they are saying part of the android software is compromising the sound quality. Very interesting. Wonder if it could actually get better lol. :)

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #8,999 of 13,503
I dont know much about the dx100 i know its suppose to sound great i know its expensive but from what ive been reading i get the impression this player is not ready for primetime just yet am i wrong ?  isnt r&d suppose to be done before  a product is released. i see firmware update here firmware update there .Is this normal procedure now! The only thing this tells me is wait,like a year or so! What do you guys think!

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #9,000 of 13,503
Quote:
I dont know much about the dx100 i know its suppose to sound great i know its expensive but from what ive been reading i get the impression this player is not ready for primetime just yet am i wrong ?  isnt r&d suppose to be done before  a product is released. i see firmware update here firmware update there .Is this normal procedure now! The only thing this tells me is wait,like a year or so! What do you guys think!

That will be a year without a fantastic DAP that IMHO no other can currently match.  Yep, they had some major glitches in the firmware when they first released it.  And it's still got some things that are annoying.  However, the sound is top notch.  In my opinion, the great sound outweighs the remaining minor issues.  iBasso is listening to and responding to its customers.  They ship quickly, the build quality is good, the packaging is good, it's easy to update, it's easy to transfer music to it, it can drive damn near any headphones.  Just make sure your tags are in really good shape before you transfer any music to the player.  Also, it doesn't deal well with albums with the same name but from different artists (i.e. 2 "Greatest Hits" albums may end up being played as one, so you have to name them differently).  Again, my opinion, there are no current show stopper issues.

These days, it seems like anything with a sophisticated OS has some "issues" when first released.  Remember Windows 3.0?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back