iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #8,896 of 13,503
Launcher still crashing for me. Haha.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #8,897 of 13,503
^
did you add music after updating?

happened to me before after updating to 1.2.7 and after adding music over usb. I thought my dx100 got corrupted or something. But I just did a reset and turned on the unit and waited for 10 to 15 minutes then it worked fine. I think the unit is reindexing the music so everything hangs

Nov 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #8,898 of 13,503
You got it. Good to do a factor reset then restart the player and let it fully index. Basically once the Media Storage process disappears you are good to go.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #8,900 of 13,503
The most annoying part of the firmware update is the media files reiindexing. Mine took almost 20-25mins to finish, and there was no response on nearly every apps in the player during that period, quite scary 
confused_face.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #8,901 of 13,503
Quote:
The most annoying part of the firmware update is the media files reiindexing. Mine took almost 20-25mins to finish, and there was no response on nearly every apps in the player during that period, quite scary 
confused_face.gif

My unit has always been rather unresponsive when indexing. That is when trying to use the Music player. Other than that I really don't use the player for anything but music :).

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #8,905 of 13,503
Yeah. I think mine is fixed also after a factory reset. After restarting no launcher crash on startup.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #8,906 of 13,503
[size=12pt]Dear Head-fiers,[/size]

[size=12pt]          I would like to add different equalizer settings for different genres of songs to my dx100, does anyone know how I can add my own custom equalizer settings? Also, if possible I would like the dx100 to be able to auto-detect the song genre and set the equalizer to the correct settings. For example if I’m playing a classical song, I would like Dx100’s equalizer to set itself to classical automatically. [/size]

[size=12pt]Equalizer settings are for:[/size]

[size=12pt]Electronic,  Jazz, Classic, DJ Set, R&B, Oldies, Flat, Hip Hop hard, Hip Hope Soft, pop, Metal, Blues, Unplugged, Rock hard, Rock Soft, Indie, Rap, Trip Hop, Lounge, Folk, Loudness, Piano, Dance, Acoustic.[/size]

[size=12pt]I can provide the details for each setting. In case you need those for some reason.[/size]

[size=12pt]P.s. I’m sure I’m not the only one here who would appreciate having way more equalizer settings, without having to manually set them for each song.  I’m sure this would give the DX100 a huge advantage over its competitors.[/size]

[size=12pt]Best regards,[/size]

[size=12pt]Mischa[/size]

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #8,907 of 13,503
Quote:
[size=12pt]Dear Head-fiers,[/size]

[size=12pt]          I would like to add different equalizer settings for different genres of songs to my dx100, does anyone know how I can add my own custom equalizer settings? Also, if possible I would like the dx100 to be able to auto-detect the song genre and set the equalizer to the correct settings. For example if I’m playing a classical song, I would like Dx100’s equalizer to set itself to classical automatically. [/size]

[size=12pt]Equalizer settings are for:[/size]

[size=12pt]Electronic,  Jazz, Classic, DJ Set, R&B, Oldies, Flat, Hip Hop hard, Hip Hope Soft, pop, Metal, Blues, Unplugged, Rock hard, Rock Soft, Indie, Rap, Trip Hop, Lounge, Folk, Loudness, Piano, Dance, Acoustic.[/size]

[size=12pt]I can provide the details for each setting. In case you need those for some reason.[/size]

[size=12pt]P.s. I’m sure I’m not the only one here who would appreciate having way more equalizer settings, without having to manually set them for each song.  I’m sure this would give the DX100 a huge advantage over its competitors.[/size]

[size=12pt]Best regards,[/size]

[size=12pt]Mischa[/size]

As far as EQ, I use it sometimes too for different CIEMs and I do appreciate them. However the outcome isn't Ideal IMO. Because DX100 only has 6 (7?) non-variable EQ bands which are not gonna be enough for the genres of music you mentioned (it doesn't even allow you to adjust 8k which is not even acceptable for a EQ function IMO). It doesn't provide any Q value for each equlization either. Rockbox is so much better in this regard. I don't think Dx100 can store/detect any EQ settings, you will have to change everytime when you want a different setting (because there isn't really much to change...)

If you just want some simple EQ adjusting. you probably gonna be able to create some of the genre taste. It also strongly depends on the earphone you use with dx100. Also for bad mixed songs, a small EQ will produce clipping. I would rather build around the no-EQ sound of DX100 with different earphones.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #8,909 of 13,503
[size=medium]Well the main problem is that I tend to use DX100 on the go with my JH 16’s. I don’t really have the luxury of switching headphones when I’m on an 8 hour flight. I do tend to listen to different genres depending on my mood, and while I love the sound signature of the JH 16’s, I would like the option of setting the equalizer to my own preference. [/size][size=medium][size=medium]I’ve tried stuffing my handbag and baby bag with headphones. Wasn’t really worth the hassle, especially when you’re carrying a baby around.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium] [/size][size=medium]I was wondering maybe if I root the device, and change the equalizer settings in the ibasso music app (somehow), would I be able to add more equalizer settings, more EQ bands, and set it so I can adjust the settings up to 16k?  [/size]
Quote:
As far as EQ, I use it sometimes too for different CIEMs and I do appreciate them. However the outcome isn't Ideal IMO. Because DX100 only has 6 (7?) non-variable EQ bands which are not gonna be enough for the genres of music you mentioned (it doesn't even allow you to adjust 8k which is not even acceptable for a EQ function IMO). It doesn't provide any Q value for each equlization either. Rockbox is so much better in this regard. I don't think Dx100 can store/detect any EQ settings, you will have to change everytime when you want a different setting (because there isn't really much to change...)

If you just want some simple EQ adjusting. you probably gonna be able to create some of the genre taste. It also strongly depends on the earphone you use with dx100. Also for bad mixed songs, a small EQ will produce clipping. I would rather build around the no-EQ sound of DX100 with different earphones.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #8,910 of 13,503
Quote:
[size=medium]Well the main problem is that I tend to use DX100 on the go with my JH 16’s. I don’t really have the luxury of switching headphones when I’m on an 8 hour flight. I do tend to listen to different genres depending on my mood, and while I love the sound signature of the JH 16’s, I would like the option of setting the equalizer to my own preference. [/size][size=medium][size=medium]I’ve tried stuffing my handbag and baby bag with headphones. Wasn’t really worth the hassle, especially when you’re carrying a baby around.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium] [/size][size=medium]I was wondering maybe if I root the device, and change the equalizer settings in the ibasso music app (somehow), would I be able to add more equalizer settings, more EQ bands, and set it so I can adjust the settings up to 16k?  [/size]

I don't think you can do that if ibasso doesn't come up with another firmware with better EQ functions in it. I have JH16 too, and to be honest it is a flawed IEM, so I have to cut 80 Hz around 3 or 4 db to lower the bass. And I can do nothing about the sibilance because like I said no EQ band at 8K Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back