iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #8,851 of 13,503
Hello everyone. I also downloaded the new firmware. The problem I have is that the battery will not charge when I plug the AC adapter and connect to the player. I did a soft reset and it did not solve the problem. I will ask Ibasso, however, you guys have a much better response time.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #8,852 of 13,503
Quote:
Yeah you are partially right. Songs suddenly stop playing sometimes when screen is off and when I turn the screen on it resumes, together with a "pop" sound heard in my IEM. I assumes it's a bug. Anyone has ever faced it before?

This is strange. I haven't had that happen yet but I use to be able to replicate that on 1.1.7 by pausing the current song then using the orange scroll bar to restart the song. Then I'd turn the screen off and it would stop music playback when the screen was off and would continue when I turned it back on....

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #8,853 of 13,503
Quote:
Hello everyone. I also downloaded the new firmware. The problem I have is that the battery will not charge when I plug the AC adapter and connect to the player. I did a soft reset and it did not solve the problem. I will ask Ibasso, however, you guys have a much better response time.

Something that I have done myself and other have done the same thing, Is the power plugged into the coaxial port?

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #8,857 of 13,503
Quote:
Nope it wont charge via usb :frowning2:

PS ive been worried about doing this since i 1st opened my DX100  . How much damage if any
may this error cause ?

Depends on how hard you hit your head when you realize you did it.

No damage to unit.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #8,858 of 13,503
Well, now it is a hardware issue because the battery is dead and I cannot recharge it. Tried different wall sockets. The AC adaptor is similar to the iriver H100 series and it works on the iriver, but nada on the Ibasso. As stated ad nauseum in every George Lucas film, I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #8,859 of 13,503
Well, now it is a hardware issue because the battery is dead and I cannot recharge it. Tried different wall sockets. The AC adaptor is similar to the iriver H100 series and it works on the iriver, but nada on the Ibasso. As stated ad nauseum in every George Lucas film, I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Be sure to check the voltage specs and polarity,
ibasso dx100 uses 12v at 1500mA positive center. The Iriver uses only 5v 2000mA positive center.

Dont just plug anything without checking, this can burn out the charging circuit inside the dx100

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #8,861 of 13,503
Quote:
I almost forced my charger plug into the coaxil Out like an idiot lol. I always verify now to be sure :p.

I've done that. Then I wondered why the DX wasn't charging! No harm, just not charged. :^)

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #8,863 of 13,503
Quote:
I'd be worried about shorting out the Coaxil or worse blowing up the player lol.

Won't do that. No center pin for the + contact of the plug for the charger. But I didn't push it in very far anyway. Getting some great sound lately, just wonderful!

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #8,864 of 13,503
Same. Took it with me while shopping today. Even took the T1 amp with it. Was getting some looks from people (probably thinking "OMG a Terrorist" lol) but I could give a rip. I was enjoying the music too much and just blocking everyone out. Was super busy today at Costco though :p. Also in the car this set up sounds really good. Really smooth and full.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #8,865 of 13,503
Quote:
Same. Took it with me while shopping today. Even took the T1 amp with it. Was getting some looks from people (probably thinking "OMG a Terrorist" lol) but I could give a rip. I was enjoying the music too much and just blocking everyone out. Was super busy today at Costco though :p. Also in the car this set up sounds really good. Really smooth and full.

No music at Cosco but funny, I was there today also, most likely different city. lol  Heading to Alaska to work in ER and getting ready. Well I will have good music for the winter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back