iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 26, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #8,671 of 13,503
If any of you guys like great live albums, get this one: http://www.finkworld.co.uk/store/music-store/fink-wav-store/#topspin-view-more-160689

If you don't know Fink, check this out:

Make sure you watc the HD version of that video for proper audio.

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #8,672 of 13,503
So you want the ability to play all songs from either the internal memory or external memory and not both? Because doing a long press on the top menu will play all songs. Not sure why it would matter to just shuffle through half the music although I can see it as being of some use.... I had thought you were concerned with being able to play all the same tracks from the selected folder (which use to be a problem on an older firmware).

Yep, I keep all my hirez music on the nand (internal) so would like to shuffle that if I wanted to

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #8,673 of 13,503
Quote:
Yep, I keep all my hirez music on the nand (internal) so would like to shuffle that if I wanted to

Guess that does make sense. I recommend you send them an email and ask them to include it in the update as I now they had this ability on one of the older firmwares....

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #8,674 of 13,503
Wow...so glad I decided to check up on this thread again, the new firmware is amazing. The previous versions I don't think I really noticed any difference between them at all but I swear the current firmware sounds significantly more detailed and it seems like the soundstage is larger too. Could just be placebo or whatever... But I'm enjoying it more nonetheless. LCD2 + DX100 = win!
gs1000.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #8,675 of 13,503
Quote:
Wow...so glad I decided to check up on this thread again, the new firmware is amazing. The previous versions I don't think I really noticed any difference between them at all but I swear the current firmware sounds significantly more detailed and it seems like the soundstage is larger too. Could just be placebo or whatever... But I'm enjoying it more nonetheless. LCD2 + DX100 = win!
gs1000.gif

It's not placebo. You can actually hear a difference. We don't need any zealots telling use what we can and cannot hear :wink:.

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #8,676 of 13,503
Quote:
It's not placebo. You can actually hear a difference. We don't need any scientific zealots telling use what we can and cannot hear :wink:.

I am a big fan of science, logic (no surprises there), math and measurements. I have and love the O2 amp.

But how the function does one measure soundstage? 

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #8,677 of 13,503
That's my point. There are a lot of qualities to sound that cannot be accurately measured (yet) but there are those who don't believe that either :p.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #8,678 of 13,503
Finally. Got my charger in the post. Charging the DX100 now. Hopefully can load the new firmware on later.

What's the deal with updates again? I'm on a Mac btw - extract the .img file (done already w/Keka), connect the DX100 and switch to USB mode so it shows up on the desktop, drag and drop .img file into it, eject DX100 - it updates.

That's it right?

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #8,679 of 13,503
Finally. Got my charger in the post. Charging the DX100 now. Hopefully can load the new firmware on later.

What's the deal with updates again? I'm on a Mac btw - extract the .img file (done already w/Keka), connect the DX100 and switch to USB mode so it shows up on the desktop, drag and drop .img file into it, eject DX100 - it updates.

That's it right?

Yup, that's all there is to it :)

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #8,680 of 13,503
Quote:
Don't you notice the irritating secondary player when you scroll to the far right? You have to click the album art to get to the actual player. That dumb player is gone once you opt to use a different launcher. It's obviously a part of ibassos custom launcher.

If you can read & follow directions I don't see you bricking the player. Sorensiim posted a very detailed tutorial on how to root your player on the DX100 FAQ page (lots of helpful information guys, especially if you wanna use playlists :wink:. So regarding the sound? Are you finding it better now after the factory restore?

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

Hey Lee

Do you mean Ie: at 1st ill see the album art ,but no detailed info ,ill long touch/press that picture and ill get that album art but with more detailed info below it
bitrate etc .

Sorry if im thick ,i thought this was all one player .im still not seeing it . But if im frustrating you ,just dont tell me anymore :)-

As far as sound goes ,i havent done enough listening yet . But 1st impression in a deeper sounding bass . i took another members advice and loaded
chameleon by Trentmoeller to hear some bass and im impressed . But the biggest difference after a factory restore is responsiveness ,man it may
be too sensitive now to touch . It just flies

On my battery test last nite after factory reset . Using your method ,which is best method do far , i lost just over 20% . From 80+% to 60+%
Then down in 40% range in just over an hour of playtime .

i may have gremlins .  Another member noticed it drains differently from different % points as well . i have to concur with that

Thanks Lee

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #8,682 of 13,503
Quote:
 But the biggest difference after a factory restore is responsiveness ,man it may
be too sensitive now to touch . It just flies

On my battery test last nite after factory reset . Using your method ,which is best method do far , i lost just over 20% . From 80+% to 60+%
Then down in 40% range in just over an hour of playtime .

i may have gremlins .  Another member noticed it drains differently from different % points as well . i have to concur with that

Thanks Lee

Just wait 'till you've installed ADW launcher and used Titanium Backup to clear out the bloat... It gets even better 
wink.gif

Regarding the battery, once you've rooted it, you might want to try a battery calibration app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5uZW1hLmJhdHRlcnljYWxpYnJhdGlvbiJd

Run the battery calibration, let the battery drain (let it play until it shuts down), then charge it to 100%.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #8,683 of 13,503
Quote:
Problem was that it would be nice to long press on either internal memory or sd card from directory and get play all options.currently iit does nothing. Not a show stopper

It was me who complained about that.  I asked iBasso for the same long press functionality when browsing by directory as when browsing by album (i.e. Play, Add to Playlist, etc.), not for Play All.  My reasoning is this - if you organize your music by artist & album, and your tags aren't perfect, and you have a lot of music on the unit + SD card (which I do), there's really no easy way to quickly get to  a single album and play it.  Yes, you can browse to an album by directory then long press the first track and it will play beginning with that track through the rest - as long as you don't navigate away from that directory.  If you do, it will stop after the currently playing track.  My listening habits are almost always to play entire albums.  I have several thousand albums on my player, so scrolling down the album list to get to the one I want is very painful (and, again, relies on correct tags).  The basic player does have the ability to browse by artist & album, but that also relies on correct tags.  Why bother putting the Directory button on the advanced player, then not give the same functionality as when using the Album button.  It all boils down to ease of use.  Using playlists will get the correct result, but I don't want to have to create thousands of playlists either.

I agree, it's not a show-stopper.  But it sure would be nice, and would make it an easier user experience.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #8,685 of 13,503
Quote:
It was me who complained about that.  I asked iBasso for the same long press functionality when browsing by directory as when browsing by album (i.e. Play, Add to Playlist, etc.), not for Play All.  My reasoning is this - if you organize your music by artist & album, and your tags aren't perfect, and you have a lot of music on the unit + SD card (which I do), there's really no easy way to quickly get to  a single album and play it.  Yes, you can browse to an album by directory then long press the first track and it will play beginning with that track through the rest - as long as you don't navigate away from that directory.  If you do, it will stop after the currently playing track.  My listening habits are almost always to play entire albums.  I have several thousand albums on my player, so scrolling down the album list to get to the one I want is very painful (and, again, relies on correct tags).  The basic player does have the ability to browse by artist & album, but that also relies on correct tags.  Why bother putting the Directory button on the advanced player, then not give the same functionality as when using the Album button.  It all boils down to ease of use.  Using playlists will get the correct result, but I don't want to have to create thousands of playlists either.

I agree, it's not a show-stopper.  But it sure would be nice, and would make it an easier user experience.

While you wait for Ibasso to (maybe) add this, have you considered fixing your tags?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back