iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #8,117 of 13,503
Quote:
Competitor :wink:. Completely different levels my friend. Like comparing a Kia Sephia to a Bugatti Veyron :p.

VS 

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #8,118 of 13,503
Now ...we have another happy DX100 owner (referring to my buyer)

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #8,120 of 13,503
Quote:
Competitor :wink:. Completely different levels my friend. Like comparing a Kia Sephia to a Bugatti Veyron :p.

I'd say Cowon worrying about the DX100 would be like Ford worrying about the latest Bentley Continental GT. Sure, it's better than all their cars combined, but very unlikely to actually snag any of their customers.

Bonus info: I drive a 2006 Ford Mondeo, my boss (well, the owner of the company I work for) drives a Continental GT. And a slew of other cars...

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #8,121 of 13,503
Quote:
We know you are gonna  buy the 901 when it comes out :p. Just wish you could have done cross comparisons....

Buy the time the 901 comes..and crushes my DX100, it will be much, much cheaper to sell...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #8,122 of 13,503
/\ Thus my comment to him, I agree with you lol. My car is about 9 years old now but still looks new. Makes the newer LX platform look like crap IMO.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #8,123 of 13,503
Quote:
/\ Thus my comment to him, I agree with you lol. My car is about 9 years old now but still looks new. Makes the newer LX platform look like crap IMO.

I don't want to drag about it....but I want to reiterate, that selling my DX100, was one of the most difficult decisions, I had ever taken, but its in good hands.....

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #8,124 of 13,503
Quote:

I don't want to drag about it....but I want to reiterate, that selling my DX100, was one of the most difficult decisions, I had ever taken, but its in good hands.....

I felt that way about my Denons. Not so much about the Audiotechnicas. I think with the Audio technicas I felt a bit ripped off. Upset that they lowered the price so much from when I  bought it. Was quite unfair to be honest.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #8,125 of 13,503
The first couple of hours spent with my DX100 + 8.A indicate that Figgie's Build sounds exactly as it should - as the 1.1.7 stock player. 

@Figgie: What sort of differences should I be looking/listening for while testing?

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #8,126 of 13,503
All I know is that he was trying to figure out what is causing the fade-in at the beginning of each track when manually switching. The problem appears to still be there so back to the drawing board. He was asking us to find BK Music file? Do you have any idea where it may be or what other name it could be listed under?  I think he's looking for the debugging for the Music player?

Quote figgie:
"
sorensiim or Lee730

can you search in your DX100 for the following file.

BkMusic

it might not have an extension... if you find it, send it to me here... this is the debug log of the player (the OEM or the one that i modded)."

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #8,128 of 13,503
Man I had a couple of nasty minutes this morning, I got really scared. I had left the DX100 palaying through the night for burn-in purpose and worked fine when I last touched it. But this morning the screen wouldn't respond, and the tactile buttons neither. I thought it was done and I would have to send it back for RMA. But luckily after a reset it worked fine. Man I got frustrated. I hope this doesn´t happen again. Has anyone had a similar experience?

On another subject, I'm not sure wether I want to root my unit figgie. I'll think about it

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #8,129 of 13,503
Quote:
The first couple of hours spent with my DX100 + 8.A indicate that Figgie's Build sounds exactly as it should - as the 1.1.7 stock player. 

@Figgie: What sort of differences should I be looking/listening for while testing?

well any audio differences if any.

Keep in mind that this is the player that is on 1.2.3. Most everyone said that it changed with 1.2.3 so downgraded to 1.1.7. What I saw is that technically it should sound the same on the same firmware (which seems like it does). So that means that my first assestment that they mucked the DSP CLK freq with 1.2.3 was spot on. :frowning2:

I found all the EQ settings, still searching for that line of code that does the gap insertion on file selection or track next.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #8,130 of 13,503
Quote:
Man I had a couple of nasty minutes this morning, I got really scared. I had left the DX100 palaying through the night for burn-in purpose and worked fine when I last touched it. But this morning the screen wouldn't respond, and the tactile buttons neither. I thought it was done and I would have to send it back for RMA. But luckily after a reset it worked fine. Man I got frustrated. I hope this doesn´t happen again. Has anyone had a similar experience?

This has happened to me occasionally after I leave it playing for awhile - can't use the touchscreen or any of the "buttons" on the front of the unit, only the power button to turn the screen on/off or open the "Power Off" menu (which you can't use since the touchscreen doesn't work.) Holding down the power button for a long time unfortunately doesn't force a reset so I also have to use the reset button when this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back