iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #7,099 of 13,503
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone can point me toward another review of the DX100 other than this forum. Preferably with more technical information in conjunction with their subjective review.

So you would like one with test graphs and charts like Stereophile? While the charts are nice, products sell by review in Stereophile based mostly on the listening impressions. A thumbs up on the charts but down on the sound, kills the product and Stereophile has put a few companies out of business. I had a product reviewed by them and got a nice positive review. A friend in the amp business would not advertise in their magazine so they would not review his products for years but finally relented and did give him some very good reviews, which he admitted, really improved business. It wasn't the charts, though they looked good, it was the sound. 

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #7,100 of 13,503
Yeah it's not always the chart that tells you the truth. It can be used to generally give you an idea of what a piece of kit will sound like but it doesn't guarantee it will sound that way.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #7,101 of 13,503
Quote:
Yeah it's not always the chart that tells you the truth. It can be used to generally give you an idea of what a piece of kit will sound like but it doesn't guarantee it will sound that way.

I like charts. Gives me a nice ballpark estimate of what I can expect to hear. What I hear will then decide whether or not I keep a given product. But arguing that one amp or dac is better than another with charts as the only argument is just plain stupid. 

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #7,102 of 13,503
Yep. But then again a chart can still surprise even though you are expecting (or not expecting) to hear certain characteristics. The EX1000 is a good demonstration of this. The charts say it will be heard as sibilant. Yet most don't hear this or not to a degree that would turn them from the IEM. Although I happen to agree with that very graph :wink:.

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #7,103 of 13,503
I totally forgot to post this after uploading it last night...

Pretty poor quality from my phone, but shows playback by album, by artist and swiping for either lyrics or visualization 
happy_face1.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #7,104 of 13,503
I just love the organization playlists bring. Then again I also have my directory folders set up in the same fashion as they would show up in my playlists with the exception the playlist will have each song in the order I chose. :).

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #7,105 of 13,503
Yes, it works perfectly for that purpose. I do that often when listening to my phones that require more power than the DX100 can provide.

Thanks for your reply! Just worried that there won't be enough gain. Cheers! :)

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #7,106 of 13,503
So, I placed an order yesterday for a DX100 on iBasso's site. I haven't gotten any confirmation from iBasso at all that I made an order. The only email I got was from paypal that I made the payment. How long does it typically take to get an order confirmation or anything like that from them? I am pretty excited about getting this device. Been lurking these forums for years and finally signed up when I took the leap to get a DX100 :).

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #7,107 of 13,503
I know it's a bit disconcerting to receive no confirmation from iBasso, but I assure you this is normal for them. Just sit tight and your DX100 will be on its way to you soon enough.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #7,108 of 13,503
Quote:
So, I placed an order yesterday for a DX100 on iBasso's site. I haven't gotten any confirmation from iBasso at all that I made an order. The only email I got was from paypal that I made the payment. How long does it typically take to get an order confirmation or anything like that from them? I am pretty excited about getting this device. Been lurking these forums for years and finally signed up when I took the leap to get a DX100 :).

Quote:
I know it's a bit disconcerting to receive no confirmation from iBasso, but I assure you this is normal for them. Just sit tight and your DX100 will be on its way to you soon enough.

Yeah - If you plow through the thread you'll see that it's standard practice. You could shoot an email to Ibasso and ask for a tracking number, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you'll get it before the DX100 arrives 
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #7,109 of 13,503
Quote:

Yeah - If you plow through the thread you'll see that it's standard practice. You could shoot an email to Ibasso and ask for a tracking number, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you'll get it before the DX100 arrives 
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys. I have been working my way through the thread, but sheesh almost 500 pages takes a while! I wasnt really concerned but it IS $850 ! 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back