iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 27, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #6,587 of 13,503
I've tried both options and still it fails, for the windows CMD i get  "cannont determine the number of sectors on this volume"..its showing as formated as raw ?

With other format utilities im getting device media is write protected!

Also is there not some problem with the USB adapters used ?...Im reading that they seem to have a spec to be able to adapt only up to 32gb ?

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #6,590 of 13,503
Has anyone been using MOG to stream on the dx100? I dl'd it yesterday to mine but every time I try to play a song it's very quiet and I have to have to max out the volume level just to get to quiet listening levels. It always worked flawlessly on my iPhone to the same volume as the ipod.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #6,591 of 13,503
Quote:
I've tried both options and still it fails, for the windows CMD i get  "cannont determine the number of sectors on this volume"..its showing as formated as raw ?

With other format utilities im getting device media is write protected!

Also is there not some problem with the USB adapters used ?...Im reading that they seem to have a spec to be able to adapt only up to 32gb ?

If you are getting the write protected message I'm assuming you are using an SD to micro SD card adapter. Make sure the pin is pulled back in the other direction. That should allow you to write to the card and delete. :p

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #6,592 of 13,503
Has anyone been using MOG to stream on the dx100? I dl'd it yesterday to mine but every time I try to play a song it's very quiet and I have to have to max out the volume level just to get to quiet listening levels. It always worked flawlessly on my iPhone to the same volume as the ipod.

Go into the main dx100 settings

Settings>Sound>Volume

and set the media volume to max. Normal volume then controls the sound.

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #6,595 of 13,503
Yeah none of those programs work, ive tried them all, and yes ive checked and double checked the write protect tab, even added a registry entry that was suppose to work but stlll no luck, gonna have to send this card back!

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #6,596 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes thanks for all the help here.

I now have a problem with the SD card, I'm unable to format it to FAT32!...Its a Sandisk 64gb Micro SDXC UHS Speed Class 1 & class 10

Can anyone advise the procedure to get this working with my DX100 ?

I have Formated 64 gb cards by:
1 find someone with a Mac to format it for you
2 Used a Cowon D3 to format card.

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #6,597 of 13,503
[size=medium]Replying to my own post just to update:[/size]
  • [size=medium]Is there any noticeable SQ difference between CD’s ripped in FLAC or Apple Lossless?[/size]
  • [size=medium]I loaded up Poweramp as I have already paid for it on my SG2S, it just crashes on start-up (I hope they patch / update this soon)[/size]
  • [size=medium]I took the plunge and cut off the 2 pin wall plug and replaced it with a three pin UK 240v plug, it works no problem[/size]
  • [size=medium]Can someone point me in the right direction for Hi Rez music or PM me with info on any “free” sites.[/size]
  • [size=medium]I have gone through cases on Amazon but their either way too big or too small do you have any recommendations for a good temporary case (I won’t leave the unit in there long term because of the heat issues).[/size]
  • [size=medium]Does anyone know of a replacement screen protector, I have left on the delivered temporary screen protector but there are some small bubbles underneath. I would like to replace it with something fit for purpose[/size]

[size=medium]Thought I would let you know I’m using “Cover Art Downloader” which is free from the apps store:[/size]
[size=medium]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5iaXJiZWNrLmFuZHJvaWQuY292ZXJhcnQiXQ[/size][size=medium]..[/size]

[size=medium]You can upgrade for £1.25 which will embed the album artwork to the track. I’m currently using this on my SG2S and my DX100 with no problems.[/size]
[size=medium](Take note this is a UK link so I’m not sure if this will be available to everyone worldwide)[/size]

[size=medium]Any answers to the above questions will be much appreciated.[/size]

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #6,598 of 13,503
Quote:
  • [size=medium]I have gone through cases on Amazon but their either way too big or too small do you have any recommendations for a good temporary case (I won’t leave the unit in there long term because of the heat issues).[/size]

LowePro Tahoe 30 is the way to go! I use mine all the time, longest stint so far have been 2 hours of playback with no problems. Amazon.co.uk doesn't list it but any LowePro dealer should be able to get it for you. (Give Jessops a call) 

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #6,599 of 13,503
This is quite honestly the best solution. If you do not know anyone with a mac though, try downloading the Live CD of an installation of Linux. Take for example the Ubuntu install disk. If you were to burn that onto a disk and boot from it, it would load the operating system straight off the CD and want to install. If you opt to not install the OS, you can still navigate around the linux installation and get to a partition manager and format the 64gb microSDXC card before you remove the disk and restart into Windows. It's a bit of a lengthy process, but Windows is not meant to format any form of storage in Fat32 to anything more than 32gb of storage. 

I am pretty sure that should work. Otherwise a mac really would be the easiest bet. You probably could walk into an Apple store, put in the card, open up disk utility and then format your card there and leave. 
Quote:
I have Formated 64 gb cards by:
1 find someone with a Mac to format it for you
2 Used a Cowon D3 to format card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back