iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 24, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #5,071 of 13,503

Quote:

What's the problem you met?
Now I'm hesitated if the hiss is one of the defects,iBasso answered me with no doubt that DX100 is the quietest DAP on earth.
They claimed that the hiss on DX100 is louder than on iPod is abnormal,and it's nonsense that the hiss will reduced after burned in.
Yes,it's convenient for me to send it back for a really silent one.
I'd like to know if anyone met the same problem as mine have sent your unit back to iBasso?

Are we still here? You really must just send it back as it really seems to be disturbing you quite a lot! It's either your JH16 or the DX100. Choose one.
Anyway, hope things get resolved for you sooner than later!
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #5,072 of 13,503

Quote:
Ok on Medium gain I can hear slight hiss but it's barely audible at all, I mean when music is playing and even on quite passages I would not notice hiss. Now on high gain it's very apparent but still not bad enough to interfere with music (I also wouldn't use high gain with IEMs anyways). On low gain I can still detect some hiss but as I said it's barely audible and I have to actually try to listen for it to hear anything. With music playing it's a non-issue. I won't be sending my unit back for this as it's not a big deal IMO. Now if I was to focus on the hiss and with no music playing then it would be just making an issue out of nothing. What's important for me is to not hear hiss while music is playing back.

Edit: I've also noticed using 6.3 plug for IEMs actually sounds a bit better than through the 3.5 jack. Great find Turok. This will definitely save wear and tear on the 3.5 jack as I constantly unplug my IEMs before powering off and when the device glitches at the end of a playlist (usually in Power Amp but the stock player could also be an issue?).

I am here to serve and protect :wink:  against wear!
Now I can remove my IEM many times (esp. during power on/off), and when the adapter is damaged, 3 seconds to change it.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #5,073 of 13,503
Does anyone know if a firmware update could even fix an issue like battery drain? I have suspicions this is more the fault of the hw design than a software issue. The amp turns off when the music is not playing for a while, you can hear it, what is else is left that's draining the battery we can only guess.

I actually turn the unit off if I know I won't be listening to it for an extended period of time. It doesn't take too much time to turn back on, and more often than not the battery % goes up a few percent since the time it was turned off.

Quote:
wooohooo. hope they release it asap. haha. mine doesn't last for a few days even i'm not using it. don't know what is eating up the battery. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #5,074 of 13,503
yeah. i think turning it off is the only solution.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #5,075 of 13,503
I turn mine off on arrival at work after two hours listening and on arrival home after another two hours, I can even manage two days if I forget to charge in the evening
Quote:
I actually turn the unit off if I know I won't be listening to it for an extended period of time. It doesn't take too much time to turn back on, and more often than not the battery % goes up a few percent since the time it was turned off.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #5,076 of 13,503

Quote:

Can't you contact the shipping company or I assume you have but I don't understand why it would be in limbo for so long. 

I have, and the only response I got from UPS was pretty much that they can hold it up to 30 days. Yeah I really don't understand the need or reason to hold it for sooooo long. This wait is worse than waiting for the pre-order since I already know it's here...

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #5,077 of 13,503

Quote:

I have, and the only response I got from UPS was pretty much that they can hold it up to 30 days. Yeah I really don't understand the need or reason to hold it for sooooo long. This wait is worse than waiting for the pre-order since I already know it's here...

They just want to try the new firmware before they decide if it's lost or not. 
evil_smiley.gif

Sorry, I would be going absolutely nuts if they held back my stuff. Or just report it as being lost, asking them to cover your $800.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #5,078 of 13,503
I just downloaded PowerAmp again, after taking it off of my DX100. It does sound fine. I wonder why there seemed a slight veiling of sound before. Maybe as noted it was just the DX burning in but I don't see how that would affect the operating system of the PA. Anyway, now that I have been able to download art to the stock UI, I prefer the looks of the stock player but it is fun to have the options of either. Also, I notice that the CD artwork found for the stock player does not translate to PowerAmp. Interesting. 

I believe PowerAmp has it's own cover art implementation ( which works very well) that is independent of the base Android system stuff.

I'm still liking PowerAmp. I sent iBasso a quick email a week ago asking whether there is any technical reason that the stock player would sound any different than PowerAmp - with files they are both able to play, obviously. Haven't heard anything back yet. I figure they are swamped with firmware updates, writing the manual, and the third production run, so I won't hold what is essentially an inconsequential email against them.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #5,079 of 13,503
Are any of you curious as to what the UI is on the picture of the DX100 listed on ibassos website? That UI looks a lot more professional, more reminiscent of Power Amp. Wonder if that is just some sort of Photo Shop...

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #5,080 of 13,503

Quote:
Are any of you curious as to what the UI is on the picture of the DX100 listed on ibassos website? That UI looks a lot more professional, more reminiscent of Power Amp. Wonder if that is just some sort of Photo Shop...

Should be some video/audio streaming website. It is not youtube but youtube has something that looks similar.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #5,081 of 13,503
To quote a favorite show of mine, "Spoilers!"
Quote:

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #5,082 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm still liking PowerAmp. I sent iBasso a quick email a week ago asking whether there is any technical reason that the stock player would sound any different than PowerAmp - with files they are both able to play, obviously. Haven't heard anything back yet. I figure they are swamped with firmware updates, writing the manual, and the third production run, so I won't hold what is essentially an inconsequential email against them.

The stock player adresses the Sabre DAC directly, while PowerAmp has to go through the standard Android audio system. Much like ASIO4ALL and WASAPI on Windows vs. Media Player just using Direct Sound 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #5,083 of 13,503

Quote:

The stock player adresses the Sabre DAC directly, while PowerAmp has to go through the standard Android audio system. Much like ASIO4ALL and WASAPI on Windows vs. Media Player just using Direct Sound 
smily_headphones1.gif

It would be nice if they could work with ibasso to get Power Amp to directly use that Sabre chip then. Then problem solved :wink: and a perfect UI IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back