iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #3,736 of 13,503
The Sound stage on the custom MG6Pro is alot wider then any universal earphone!

Quote:
Thing is I'm spoiled when it comes to my Sound staging. I am a sucker for large and expansive sound stages. The FX700 and IE80s are the best in this regard so far. The EX1000 was nice but I still don't feel its sound stage was as good as on these.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #3,737 of 13,503

Quote:
The Sound stage on the custom MG6Pro is alot wider then any universal earphone!

Oh its a custom IEM lol. I'll have to look into. How much does it go for? I'm actually planning to get the Heir 8A eventually. At least when things are back in order that is.

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #3,738 of 13,503

Quote:
And you can queue files while listening without using playlists at all.
Man I'm really loving this DAP with the LCD-2s. I was planning to pack these into shipping and live with the 1350s all summer, but now I'm seriously reconsidering. This is the most I've ever appreciated the LCDs.

Did you get a chance to try out the DX100 with the LCD-2s and O2 amp? How much does it improve with the amp? I have these 3 but I havent received my interconnects yet so right now im still using LCD-2s directly into DX100

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #3,739 of 13,503

Quote:

Playing Eric Clapton Creme of Clapton

Within the Eric Clapton folder (like a playlist). You can easily go back to  your other folders by pressing the tab with the "Up" arrow (under the battery indicator).

Back in the Folder director. All albums are tagged as you can see :).

Third Strike: Lost Angels

Pictures of Power Amp via folders view. I turned off the side view as it seems to be contributing to the bugs on this device and I don't like side view.

Be wary of putting the DX100 on a cloth or something similiar for a lengthy time as it gets warm. I was wondering to myself why my DX100 was warm almost hot like when listening on my bed and realized it was my bed sheets that caused this. I find that this isnt much of an issue if you just put the DX100 screen face down as it is able to cool more easily.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #3,740 of 13,503

Quote:
Be wary of putting the DX100 on a cloth or something similiar for a lengthy time as it gets warm. I was wondering to myself why my DX100 was warm almost hot like when listening on my bed and realized it was my bed sheets that caused this. I find that this isnt much of an issue if you just put the DX100 screen face down as it is able to cool more easily.

Yeah that pretty funny as I was wondering why sometimes it would be very warm and other time cool to the touch.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #3,741 of 13,503

Quote:
Are you connecting the DX100 to the wall charger?

Try disconnecting them (don't charge it while you listen) and see if things improve.

I'm not connecting DX100 to the wall charger,but I will give it a try later.
The sizzle I mentioned before disappeared when I shut down the Wifi-connection from the original setting.
I find nothing when I change the Wifi-setting on iPod touch 2nd generation;while DX100 comes with annoying noise (as if it scans for the signal).
For me,though iPod is not that audiophile as DX100,it has more integrated & mature circuit;as the DX100 seems like the one between beta version & prototype. 
triportsad.gif

Now the problem I face with still is the thrilling treble,hope there would be something improve as time goes.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #3,743 of 13,503

Quote:
The sizzle I mentioned before disappeared when I shut down the Wifi-connection from the original setting.
I find nothing when I change the Wifi-setting on iPod touch 2nd generation;while DX100 comes with annoying noise (as if it scans for the signal).
For me,though iPod is not that audiophile as DX100,it has more integrated & mature circuit;as the DX100 seems like the one between beta version & prototype. 
triportsad.gif

Now the problem I face with still is the thrilling treble,hope there would be something improve as time goes.

I think with burn in the treble should relax a bit. You are talking about the edginess. Its a bit sharp and rough around the corners initially. But to be honest this is a very revealing DAP and I don't think very bright headphones/IEMs will be the best pairing with it.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #3,744 of 13,503

Quote:
BTW,how you set to enable the volume control when the screen is locked?
Or is it still a bug to be fixed?

Get the ap on the first page, No Lock and you can adjust the volume when you want and then with the on off switch turn the screen back off or back on. 

Charging time from discharged to charge, 2.5 hours. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #3,745 of 13,503

thrilling treble goes away with EQing the treble down or raising the bass up. Its magic

Quote:
triportsad.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #3,746 of 13,503

Quote:

Yeah I don't use Wifi during music playback. I also shut off the side view from Display settings and that seemed to improve things further? Not really experiencing hick ups on power amp once things are all loaded...

One thing is for sure, ibasso should have definitely put more memory on this player. At least 500 MBs of ram. Maybe even a GB to be honest so this thing could run everything smoothly. Otherwise there was no point in running android. This is one thing that was worrying me because android is a resource hog generally and takes a lot of power to run. The processor may need to be faster as well to handle things.

Did you have a chance to try my suggestions and make sure all your folders are listed in a "Music" folder on both the internal and external sd card? This seemed to be causing me issues as well. It may solve your issue. Who knows?

As far as I could tell, it looked like it has 225mb of RAM.  No, I did not try putting my music into a folder called "Music".  I just dragged and dropped it both on the Internal Storage, and on the SD card.  Sorry, I missed that suggestion.  I'm afraid I gave up on mine and iBasso determined it was DOA based on all the things going on with it.  It is on its way back to iBasso.  Thanks for your suggestions and help in troubleshooting.

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #3,747 of 13,503
Quote: Originally Posted by jax    Sorry, but your opinions you are sharing are entirely shocking to me.  The thought process in modern day photography is entirely different with the advent of digital because you can manipulate in post ad infinitum.  You can create things via entirely different and more powerful visual tools than were available in the 80's and 90's.  The thought process does not remotely resemble the thought process of the 80's and 90's, even in the most straightforward of image-making - it is a different world entirely with the advent of (tremendous) digital potential - there are great things about that, and there are also downsides.  I see lots of attempts to make silk for a sow's ear.  You may have seen people giving away their work  in the 80's and 90's but it has become the norm rather than the exception now, and huge multi-national corporations are now feeding that fire in ways that were unheard of in the 80's and 90's.  Wedding photography is hurting for certain (I don't do that at all, but have friends who do and they are suffering big time as the direct result of digital).  There has never been such an acceptance of mediocrity in this business as there is now...never.  Do you actually make a living making pictures in the current environment?  If so, what branch of the industry are you in, as these viewpoints you are sharing here have me dumbfounded? ____________________________   On topic: I had turned wifi off entirely as a part of my effort to to make things work more smoothly (no hiccups), so it came along with shutting down unwanted processes, and that was the most effective in cutting back and even eliminating (44/16 only and perhaps 80% of that) hiccups in the case of my unit.        Yeah I don't use Wifi during music playback. I also shut off the side view from Display settings and that seemed to improve things further? Not really experiencing hick ups on power amp once things are all loaded...   One thing is for sure, ibasso should have definitely put more memory on this player. At least 500 MBs of ram. Maybe even a GB to be honest so this thing could run everything smoothly. Otherwise there was no point in running android. This is one thing that was worrying me because android is a resource hog generally and takes a lot of power to run. The processor may need to be faster as well to handle things.   Did you have a chance to try my suggestions and make sure all your folders are listed in a "Music" folder on both the internal and external sd card? This seemed to be causing me issues as well. It may solve your issue. Who knows?  

Lee, how to access the side view option!???

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #3,748 of 13,503

Quote:

Go to settings. Display. Un-check Auto rotate screen. I see no need for this option and the player seems to be less buggy with is disabled. Funny how I hate this feature because this was the only way I could turn off the device sometimes, or select a song when my screen was defective :p. Maybe it just reminds me of dark times lol.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #3,749 of 13,503
Quote:

Go to settings. Display. Un-check Auto rotate screen. I see no need for this option and the player seems to be less buggy with is disabled. Funny how I hate this feature because this was the only way I could turn off the device sometimes, or select a song when my screen was defective :p. Maybe it just reminds me of dark times lol.

Yeah, I find it useless and takes processing power, thanks.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #3,750 of 13,503
Guys is this normal?

Sunday, April 01, 2012​
Location​
Time​
 ​

Monday, April 02, 2012​
Location​
Time​
 ​

Tuesday, April 03, 2012​
Location​
Time​
 ​
Destination Service Area:
arrow.gif
LONDON - HEATHROW - SUREY - UK
 ​
1​
Shipment picked up​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
22:47  

2​
Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
00:46  

3​
Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
01:05  

4​
Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
01:45  

5​
Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
14:02  

6​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
14:08  

7​
Shipment on hold​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
22:30  

8​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
04:59  

9​
Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
HONG KONG - HONG KONG​
07:56  

MY ATH-W3000ANV took only 2,5 days with Fedex from US to UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back