iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #3,031 of 13,503

Quote:
Mine has 64gbs as well.
It's still not reading flac tags at all but thankfully I took the time to create gnre folders with sub folders of artists/composers, and sub folders within those folders with album/piece. Going into the main player's music list, there's a tab named Directory which allows you to view your songs as organized by folders.
I think I like this way better than trying to find each artist/album in the default song list.
Some software flaws:
- When you go back from a specific album to all albums, selection goes back to the top, which is annoying if you have hundreds of albums and you're tryin to get to an album starting with letter Z.
- If the name of the album/song/artist is too long, it will only show the first certain amount of letters and then '...' This is expected, but without some method of displaying the whole length of the name, such as the title sliding across horizontally to the left showing you the whole name, general song selection becomes extremely difficult (I.e. I cannot distinguish between Mozart Violin Concerto No. 21 and Mozart Violin Concerto No. 24 because they're cut off with '...')
- Flac and aiff tags are not recognized at all.
- Ability to add songs to playlist is limited to either adding each song individually, or by a list displaying every single song inside the dap by alphabetical order.
- There's no ability to skip to a certain letter in the large list.
- No way to display songs by composer.
Bugs:
- I left Sorenslim's burn in track playing overnighting when I tried playing a normal song this morning, the playback speed was doubled. I had to restart the device for it to return back to normal.
I hope these get fixed over time.
I'm usually a grammar and spelling nazi but I'm on my iPhone right now so please forgive all these inexcusable mistakes. (will fix later on computer --Mild case of OCD lol)

But I thought SPKRS01 was able to find a solution!

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #3,032 of 13,503

But I thought SPKRS01 was able to find a solution!

There may be a solution, but this should never have happened in the first place. I'm looking for a software fix rather than a third party solution.

Edit: It would've been great if song titles had artist names in blue underneath them (in small size) in Directory listing.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #3,033 of 13,503
picked it up already!!! good stuff, hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. sensational dap.

congrats.
frown.gif

Thanks lads.

Holy Harmonies, this thing sounds very nice! I have to say I'm massively pleased.

Also, I found that using the ES File Explorer I can play songs straight off my NAS. Sweet!

The no-lock app works very well too. Cheers HiFlight.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #3,035 of 13,503
Can you please clarify this? I purchased the DX100 to replace my 120GIG Ipod Classic with the hopes having basically the same storage capability. Are you saying that It is not possible to put all your music on the DX100 and listen to it the same as using a Ipod Classic?

Quote:
I'm finding the DX100 too slow to use as a jukebox - both PowerAmp & stock player. I think I'll need to keep the iBasso as purely a lossless player whilst the rest of my AAC & lossy for the iPhone. Guess I'm already carrying two devices.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,037 of 13,503

You should be able to have all your music. Just the UI is a bit slowed down by loads of music on the device. It doesn't mean its unusable. Just not as fast as with less music. This is an issue that ibasso really needs to address as there is no excuse for this period. This is the reason I got rid of my Sansa Fuze+ due to the laggy UI with lots of music stored on it. There's no point in having such a premium device if it can't do such basic things.
Quote:
Can you please clarify this? I purchased the DX100 to replace my 120GIG Ipod Classic with the hopes having basically the same storage capability. Are you saying that It is not possible to put all your music on the DX100 and listen to it the same as using a Ipod Classic?

Quote:
I'm finding the DX100 too slow to use as a jukebox - both PowerAmp & stock player. I think I'll need to keep the iBasso as purely a lossless player whilst the rest of my AAC & lossy for the iPhone. Guess I'm already carrying two devices.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #3,039 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm finding the DX100 too slow to use as a jukebox - both PowerAmp & stock player. I think I'll need to keep the iBasso as purely a lossless player whilst the rest of my AAC & lossy for the iPhone. Guess I'm already carrying two devices.

Quote:
You should be able to have all your music. Just the UI is a bit slowed down by loads of music on the device. It doesn't mean its unusable. Just not as fast as with less music. This is an issue that ibasso really needs to address as there is no excuse for this period. This is the reason I got rid of my Sansa Fuze+ due to the laggy UI with lots of music stored on it. There's no point in having such a premium device if it can't do such basic things.

I'm totally with you on this one lee730! While riding home today I was even daydreaming about searching online whether its possible to upgrade the CPU chip and RAM on a DAP so its SUPER FAST! lol! I dunno if it's just me, but I expect a player of this caliber to be able to last at least 5 years of good use before I find it's too slow to get the job done. I mean noticing a slow UI coming right out of the starting blocks leaves me a bit worried. This DAP's specs alone should merit all your pocket space as your everyday carry, not just something you carry to supplement another mp3 player. And I truly think it deserves it too...Once that whole slow UI issue is resolved!

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #3,040 of 13,503
Quote:
Dang. I musta been skipped over. I ordered early morning of the 13th and no invoice yet. ::sigh:: I'll be patient and give it a few days before I start getting upset.

Relax. There is something called timezone.

I'm being patient. If this were just about anything else, I probably wouldn't care so much. I'm just excited and anxious.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #3,041 of 13,503

The DX100 is really an esoteric, finicky and quirky DAP. I think if you are looking for it to work like an iDevice or Walkman it is never going to happen! iBasso is a very small company and since they wrote their own music player, I think that is quite an achievement already.

You need to really treat it like an analogue set up in a home system. So troublesome but once it plays the music and you hear the sound quality, all is forgiven.

I think you need to utilize it, to it's best and the DX100 is best, at playing Hi-Rez 24/96 or 24/192 files. You are not going to get more than 50 -100 albums when the internal memory is store with these Hi Rez files. This already solves the slow UI when lots of albums are stored on it.

Use SD cards for individual genres or whatever music that rocks your boat, and make sure everything is tagged consistently.

I think, if one manages and lower their expectations regarding the UI, the DX100 is really an awesome music player!!!  

Be happy!!!  

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #3,042 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm being patient. If this were just about anything else, I probably wouldn't care so much. I'm just excited and anxious.

Also, don't forget that there are two different streams of supply output, which, in addition to the difference in time-zones, might also have some influence on why someone in Hong-Kong (for example) might have ordered later than you but still, just maybe, receive theirs before you -

"We will produce 350pcs DX100 this time. 250pcs are for international pre-order and dealer orders, 100pcs are for our domestic sale."

Whatever the case, I'm sure iBasso are working extremely hard to fulfil all orders as soon as they possibly can - let's face it, it's in their best interests to keep their customers as happy as possible, and to get paid ASAP so they can cover their costs and move forwards with ordering parts for the next profitable batch. I had to keep my patience, and my nerve, and refrain from e-mailing iBasso, when I saw quite a few people here on Head-fi receiving theirs. I ordered mine at approximately 17:00 EDT (GMT -5) on Feb 10th, yet mine was still only dispatched yesterday.

I am reminded of my Mum's advice to me, on numerous occasions during my childhood:

"All good things come to those who wait..."

Notwithstanding that,I hope you receive yours soon. :)

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #3,043 of 13,503

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think those specs are correct. I really want to know what kind of processor is ACTUALLY in the device, not just the clock speed, but the actual processor.

Saw the above screen shot from erji.net which shows the DX100 using ARMv7 processor and rockchip in it, not sure if that helps.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #3,044 of 13,503
Quote:

Also, don't forget that there are two different streams of supply output, which, in addition to the difference in time-zones, might also have some influence on why someone in Hong-Kong (for example) might have ordered later than you but still, just maybe, receive theirs before you -

"We will produce 350pcs DX100 this time. 250pcs are for international pre-order and dealer orders, 100pcs are for our domestic sale."

Whatever the case, I'm sure iBasso are working extremely hard to fulfil all orders as soon as they possibly can - let's face it, it's in their best interests to keep their customers as happy as possible, and to get paid ASAP so they can cover their costs and move forwards with ordering parts for the next profitable batch. I had to keep my patience, and my nerve, and refrain from e-mailing iBasso, when I saw quite a few people here on Head-fi receiving theirs. I ordered mine at approximately 17:00 EDT (GMT -5) on Feb 10th, yet mine was still only dispatched yesterday.

I am reminded of my Mum's advice to me, on numerous occasions during my childhood:

"All good things come to those who wait..."

Notwithstanding that,I hope you receive yours soon. :)

I'm on the forum via tapatalk 98% of the time so I rarely take into consideration this is an international grouping. Thanks for the reminder.

I am lucky, in that I live mere blocks from ALO Audio. So when my dx100 arrives I can go there and test new headphones to see what suits it best. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the T1's sound on it.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3,045 of 13,503
I wanted to give a Heads up to fellow readers....

When you d/l the "cover art grabber" App. 

You run it through once, so it tries to get the album art for you. What is left unobtainable is dependent on how you have tagged your folders!

If you have included a cover.jpg with your folder or included the art in the metadata, then it is very easy for you to obtain the album art for every album/song!

1. go to the blanks, or albums that the album art was not available to the App.
2. long press the song and a menu pops up. 
3. the 2nd option is choose from gallery.
4. press that.
5. this will take you to the gallery.
6. search for the album art.
7. when you find the picture, click on it.
8. when the picture comes up as an individual item, click again and it sets.

Hope the above explains it and is not too confusing!

Much prettier when the stock player shows the art!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back