iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2,686 of 13,503
OPPO BDP $999, Wyred For Sound $1,499, Weiss DAC 202 $7,737 and the McIntosh MCD 1100 $10,000.

Quote:
The ones that come straight to mind for me are Pacific Microsystems, Berkeley Audio Alpha, Playback Designs, and Esoteric (various models of player and DAC). None of those use a Sabre chip.  When I think of the top of the world-class reference DACs "at the top of the heap" that I've actually listened to, those come to mind. We certainly do not need to get into a discussion about the quality of those DACs as it is WAY off topic. You made a statement about the 9018 chip, which is far more on topic than us discussing the alternatives, and follows up directly on what you've suggested here.  It also connects directly with the topic at hand (the DAC in the DX100 using this chip - which seems to be significant enough to be part of the title of this thread).  You have the floor and you are on topic - it was your original statement I'm responding to.   Please give us some examples that are at the top of the heap of world-class reference DACs that you are thinking of.  Really - I'm curious simply because I cannot think of a single one.  Perhaps I'm missing it, but I just can't think of one that does.  I'm not "going anywhere" other than to figure out what you are talking about, or where you are coming from with a statement like that.  I might be missing something here.  I am open to learning something, or being made aware of something I did not know.  So which ones are you thinking of? 

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #2,687 of 13,503

Quote:
IMHO, this battle of the DAC knowledge (or more precisely the circuitry around it) is thread and should really be taken to PM or to some other dedicated thread. If someone is talking about the DX100 circuitry specifically that'll be more interest to me. I don't know about the rest of you subscribers.

@YoengJyh, 16 hrs according to the SR-71B review thread. In my experience with my SR-71B, that seems to be quite accurate.

Apologies on my part:  I'm participating in two threads on the DX100 and neglected to realize that this was a thread about cases and images - I assumed from the post I was responding to that I was in the other thread and didn't bother to check.  The other thread actually calls out the DAC chip in the title and I thought I was there.  This isn't Kansas anymore.  You are absolutely right - this doesn't belong here.  My bad.  Carry on.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #2,688 of 13,503

Quote:
I don't mind if it doesn't show but I thought it had showed album art in the first batch but just in very small pictures.

I think the UI of the stock music player is great and have no need to d/l any 3rd party music player. It's not a major thing for me, if it doesn't, so be it! 

Oh now that I think of it I don't recall even seeing pictures on the original firmware. But using PowerAmp you see the album art and its huge...

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2,689 of 13,503
I got notice of my DX100 being shipped.  

Looking forward to more impressions. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,690 of 13,503
CLAS: 8-12 hours
    iPhone/iPod battery life with CLAS connected - 3-5 hours
HP-P1: 7 hours
C4: 7 hours
HM801: 7-8 hours

Reminder: DX100 charges to 100% in around 2-3 hrs
Quote:
Does anyone know how long the SR 71B can play in playback music when fully charging compare to this DX100 which is 7 hours only?

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #2,691 of 13,503
Has anyone here had experience with a dx100 and also an istreamer? I've been using the istreamer for a couple of months but I'm getting my dx100 on Tuesday. I'm hoping that the dx100 will be a significant upgrade in audio quality.  I use the istreamer with a Triad Audio L3 and Edition 8's. I can still use the L3 with the dx100 but I'm hoping that I won't need to.

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,692 of 13,503

Quote:
Oh now that I think of it I don't recall even seeing pictures on the original firmware. But using PowerAmp you see the album art and its huge...

Lee, I'm surprised that album art is not implemented until now! comparing poweramp with the stock firmware, did you notice any difference? I still prefer to use the original player, but strange why this feature is not implemented!!

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #2,694 of 13,503
[size=medium]Blissfully busy listening to tunes; experiencing what they call heaven on earth. I’m sure he will share his impressions after dx100 burn-in and after all his experiments. [/size]

Quote:
Where is Jalo? Where is his impressions?

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2,695 of 13,503

Quote:

Lee, I'm surprised that album art is not implemented until now! comparing poweramp with the stock firmware, did you notice any difference? I still prefer to use the original player, but strange why this feature is not implemented!!

I actually liked to use power amp more because it's much easier to use and more responsive. Not sure how that will be now though. I usually would just kill the stock music players process and other background items and just use Power Amp. I really hope they fixed most of the bugs. Especially regarding playlists leaving ghost shells on the player (that is complete bs). When you delete a file it should be gone period...

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2,697 of 13,503

Quote:
Just thought some might be interested, Sandisk 64gb microSDXC for $17.11. I ordered 2.
[=http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Mobile-Ultra-30MB-s-Extreme-64GB-64G-microSDXC-micro-SDXC-micro-SD-Card-/270942215134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f156a1bde#ht_2156wt_922][/]

Lol I did the same. I think they may be fake though. I contacted the seller telling him if they are fake don't bother shipping my order.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #2,699 of 13,503

Quote:
I actually liked to use power amp more because it's much easier to use and more responsive. Not sure how that will be now though. I usually would just kill the stock music players process and other background items and just use Power Amp. I really hope they fixed most of the bugs. Especially regarding playlists leaving ghost shells on the player (that is complete bs). When you delete a file it should be gone period...

I agree, will have to see what have they corrected.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,700 of 13,503

Quote:
Just thought some might be interested, Sandisk 64gb microSDXC for $17.11. I ordered 2.
[=http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Mobile-Ultra-30MB-s-Extreme-64GB-64G-microSDXC-micro-SDXC-micro-SD-Card-/270942215134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f156a1bde#ht_2156wt_922][/]

When something is too good to be true, then.... I bet my reputation that there is something sharky (not fishy)
basshead.gif
, I can smell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back