iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #2,491 of 13,503
Quote:
What case did/ will you get for your DX100?. I prefer leather (real or the other thing :) ).
Guys lets spend our time hunting and see who finds the best case price/quality/size ratio.

Leather would be nice and if I was still manufacturing I would make up a nice custom case for this but alas, I am not. I got the case that i show on the first page. It fits and works well as does the carrying case I got but neither are as nice feeling as leather or will ever break in to give you that nice feel that leather can. 

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #2,492 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
Leather would be nice and if I was still manufacturing I would make up a nice custom case for this but alas, I am not. I got the case that i show on the first page. It fits and works well as does the carrying case I got but neither are as nice feeling as leather or will ever break in to give you that nice feel that leather can. 

I was just looking at the pictures you had (nice pictures, by the way, and that's a reeaaallllyyyy nice case :) and I was wondering if it's possible to buy it off the net? Would you kindly direct me to the link if possible? XD 

Much appreciated. 

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2,493 of 13,503

Quote:

I was just looking at the pictures you had (nice pictures, by the way, and that's a reeaaallllyyyy nice case :) and I was wondering if it's possible to buy it off the net? Would you kindly direct me to the link if possible? XD 

Much appreciated. 

I did post a number of options for cases, in the following post, a day or two ago, but checking the links now, tinyurl seems to have screwed things up (or my browser or clipboard did), because many of them now seem to point towards identical products.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-dap-cases-imgs-video-pg-1-review-impressions-pgs-1-5-30-43-45-57-75/2325#post_8239557

Anyway, no matter. What you are looking for can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/6ubx6g5

or here's an alternative:

http://tinyurl.com/7djkk6l

Please keep in mind that the Nintendo DS is actually a bit bigger than the DX100, so any DS case/cover you buy will be a bit loose for the DX100 (thanks to Sorensiim for the size comparison):

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #2,494 of 13,503
Dear, Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your order.
Your order has been shipped.
Your UPS tracking number is:  1Z3F845A6754219812
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Let the games begin!!!!

beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif
o2smile.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2,497 of 13,503
I just love the way folks are posting their tracking numbers publicly. Now, provided I can supply a tracking number, how do I go about diverting a shipment... what's UPS's phone number? 
ph34r.gif

wink_face.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #2,498 of 13,503
On the travel case, I have found it works great, as noted on the first page, for holding a pair of Koss phones (which for the money sound excellent) and my JH13 Pros along with up to 8 cards, a couple of IC connectors, a nice cloth for the DX100 screen and oh yes, lest I forget, the DX100! The semi hard case zips up well and should last maybe 50 years or so, maybe longer. :^) 

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #2,499 of 13,503

Quote:
On the travel case, I have found it works great, as noted on the first page, for holding a pair of Koss phones (which for the money sound excellent) and my JH13 Pros along with up to 8 cards, a couple of IC connectors, a nice cloth for the DX100 screen and oh yes, lest I forget, the DX100! The semi hard case zips up well and should last maybe 50 years or so, maybe longer. :^) 

jamato, I'm guessing you drive a car?

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #2,500 of 13,503

Quote:
I could probably get my hands on a set of the ATH-W3000ANVs to test its synergy with the DX100 for you XD

Will be waiting.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #2,501 of 13,503
Quote:
jamato, I'm guessing you drive a car?

No, I drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser, it ain't no car. What I had before it was a pocket rocket, a Mitsubishi GSX AWD turbo. Had it for over 20 years. Got a new engine recently and all the suspension tuned. Around turns the force was so great you would slobber out the side of your mouth. 

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,502 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
No, I drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser, it ain't no car. What I had before it was a pocket rocket, a Mitsubishi GSX AWD turbo. Had it for over 20 years. Got a new engine recently and all the suspension tuned. Around turns the force was so great you would slobber out the side of your mouth. 

Kinda jealous of the DSM. I'm prolly gonna build my 94 impreza L into a rSTI at this point but i'm also on the lookout for a clean 1g Talon :). Anyways back on topic...I think I'm going caseless cause it looks rather durable. May invest in a case at a later time. Also should hopefully receive an invoice soon. :)

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2,503 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

May I know the link (Amazon) to the Nite Ize case in your pics?
And will this work?
http://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Universal-Leather-Espresso/dp/B001FAPSZQ/ref=pd_sbs_a_38

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2,504 of 13,503
Quote:
May I know the link (Amazon) to the Nite Ize case in your pics?

I got mine at REI here in the states. You can also go to the manufactures site and they could give you a listing of sellers. It can be bought from the manufacture and is actually about 2 dollars cheaper than REI, which I found out after purchasing it. 

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #2,505 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif
  You missed my point - the point being that you have a large case for the DX100, stuffed with spare headphones/IEMs/memory cards etc. Nothing wrong with that, it just made me smile because it's obvious you're not a pedestrian.

Pedestrians like me have to travel a lot lighter, and with a case compact enough to fit in a jacket pocket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back