iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #2,417 of 13,503
What do you expect from children to do when you take their toys, and they have nothing to play with?
"Difference between a child and a man, is the price of his toy"
No one has a DX100 anymore, so until someone gets his, we will continue to see this going on and on...

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #2,419 of 13,503
Please, may  somebody confirm that the flac files are really CD quality and not being converted from an mp3 file from the below site.
http://www.starzik.com, their collection is really nice, and you can download your file in many formats.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,420 of 13,503
I see a forum thread in French that indicates some people are worried about this.  I think that some of the music is lossless and some is mp3 from the looks of things...but...  One person ran his flac download through a program and found that it was obviously heavily compressed and came from an mp3 source.  This site looks like it blows.

One person says (translated):

"So I bought two albums. 
And without using an analytical tool, to listen, I'm well aware that quality was nothing special => suspicion => Research => Forum Atomic Systems. 

I have done well (ripped?) because both the lossless albums downloaded turned out to be vulgar mp3 encoded at 192 Kbs and doing in addition to hundreds of megabytes Really stupid. "

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2,421 of 13,503
[size=medium]What’s wrong with you ladies? I know at least 2 people here who already got their tracking numbers, not including my fiancé’s dx100’s tracking number.  Why is everyone being so secretive about it? I seriously doubt anyone here is planning on jinxing it![/size]

[size=medium]Also, to the other people who are worried and have no clue what’s going on. Ibasso, has started shipping out the second batch. So, celebrate life with singing and poetry because life is short. Furthermore, if you didn’t get a tracking number, Please do not freak out. I’m sure that they just didn’t send your email yet.  I’m pretty sure emails were sent just before normal working hours ended there.[/size]

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #2,422 of 13,503
Just to keep you up to date.

I was informed by iBasso last week that my order would be dispatched on either 20th or 21st March (my Paypal receipt is 13th February).

Today, after a request for an update, I received the following: 

[size=medium] Hi,[/size]
[size=medium] Thank you ofr your email.[/size]
[size=medium] There are about 150 orders before yours. We will send your order within next week.[/size]
[size=medium] Sorry about the delay.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I anticipate receiving mine at the beginning of April.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,424 of 13,503

[size=medium]It’s not about keeping me up to date. It’s about the people who have been worried sick over the delays. It’s about the people who’re frustrated over the broken promises or lack of communication. It’s about giving them hope, and making them feel at ease.  It’s about giving them a head start, so they can sort and filter their music library already, or buy whatever they want to. It’s about sticking together as community and sharing valuable information. That’s why everyone is here right? [/size]

Quote:
Just to keep you up to date.

I was informed by iBasso last week that my order would be dispatched on either 20th or 21st March (my Paypal receipt is 13th February).

Today, after a request for an update, I received the following: 

[size=medium] Hi,[/size]
[size=medium] Thank you ofr your email.[/size]
[size=medium] There are about 150 orders before yours. We will send your order within next week.[/size]
[size=medium] Sorry about the delay.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I anticipate receiving mine at the beginning of April.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2,425 of 13,503
um..... ya, that's why.

It's not because we have no lives and would rather watch our inboxes and forum subscription page than getting out and enjoying the fresh spring (or autumn for our sub-equatorial friends) air.

It's all about community and sharing .... that's right.

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,426 of 13,503
Certainly Misha23v, but it's healthy for all of us to reflect on how we can easily get too amped up about things in life that aren't ultimately that important. We're a bit conflicted as a community here at HeadFi - we want our smaller vendors to push the envelope, developing better audio products for our enjoyment, and yet we often expect the manufacturing and distribution precision that even the larger companies struggle with. I know I struggle with this. I have to remind myself that a product such as the DX100 (cutting edge and in many ways unique in the market) put out by a smaller company such as iBasso... Well, it'd be very unusual if there weren't any delays in getting it out the door.

Quote:
[size=medium]It’s not about keeping me up to date. It’s about the people who have been worried sick over the delays. It’s about the people who’re frustrated over the broken promises or lack of communication. It’s about giving them hope, and making them feel at ease.  It’s about giving them a head start, so they can sort and filter their music library already, or buy whatever they want to. It’s about sticking together as community and sharing valuable information. That’s why everyone is here right? [/size]

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,428 of 13,503
Keep in mind, most of the delays are the result of them trying to provide a better product than most of us agreed to pay for in the first place. Waiting a week for that, instead of the standard bs delays in getting a product shipped to your door is pretty palatable - in my opinion.

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #2,429 of 13,503

Quote:
I see a forum thread in French that indicates some people are worried about this.  I think that some of the music is lossless and some is mp3 from the looks of things...but...  One person ran his flac download through a program and found that it was obviously heavily compressed and came from an mp3 source.  This site looks like it blows.

One person says (translated):

"So I bought two albums. 
And without using an analytical tool, to listen, I'm well aware that quality was nothing special => suspicion => Research => Forum Atomic Systems. 

I have done well (ripped?) because both the lossless albums downloaded turned out to be vulgar mp3 encoded at 192 Kbs and doing in addition to hundreds of megabytes Really stupid. "

Many thanks, my suspicions were right. Now I know, that Head-fi and people like you, has taught me something at the end, and this makes me happy. Thank you Head-fiers, all of you, from the bottom of my heart, esp. Scoot
wink.gif
. As I bought a song and downloaded it in all formats (lossless and lossy) and compared them with the flac file that I previously have from the same album, but ripped by myself, voila, there was many  details missing from the flac file that I downloaded compared to my ripped flac file, so they are misleading, at least for me.

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #2,430 of 13,503

[size=medium]Were supper villains, we don’t do that stuff. Were the ones that are supposed to take that away from people right?  How else are we going to devise an evil plan to destroy the world if we don’t subscribe to evil websites, or get evil emails? It’s all about priories. 
wink.gif
[/size]

Quote:
um..... ya, that's why.
It's not because we have no lives and would rather watch our inboxes and forum subscription page than getting out and enjoying the fresh spring (or autumn for our sub-equatorial friends) air.
It's all about community and sharing .... that's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back