iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #2,176 of 13,503
Can you please compare the sound of W4 with HE500 or HD650?I like how my Westone sound, but i belive that full size cans will sound better , and wider soundstage.I compared ATH W11R with my W4, and ATH have such a nice natural sound with wide soundstage.Amazing, i wish i can try HD650, before i buy them to see how much they leak, becouse i want to use them everywhere not only in the house.

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #2,179 of 13,503

Quote:
Can you please compare the sound of W4 with HE500 or HD650?I like how my Westone sound, but i belive that full size cans will sound better , and wider soundstage.I compared ATH W11R with my W4, and ATH have such a nice natural sound with wide soundstage.Amazing, i wish i can try HD650, before i buy them to see how much they leak, becouse i want to use them everywhere not only in the house.

The HE500 sounds great, I like them a lot, but the W4 sound as good (but with smaller sound stage, less fun and tighter bass ..), and I feel wrong comparing them man...but they fit perfect in my ears and enjoy using them everywhere I go. Practical for outdoor, I would never go outside with either (500 or 650).
The 650, no experience.
Think trice before selling.
Good night
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #2,180 of 13,503

Quote:
For those of you that sent the payment recently, have you received your tracking number yet?
Just don't want to pester iBasso..

NO

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #2,184 of 13,503
Thank you for your advise.Then i belive i shall wait for my DX100 to arrive and try my W4 maybe i will like them and see how they sound.So W4 have tighter bass then HE500?
Where about are you that you said good night?What about D7000 have you heard them?
Does DX100 need burn in?

Quote:

The HE500 sounds great, I like them a lot, but the W4 sound as good (but with smaller sound stage, less fun and tighter bass ..), and I feel wrong comparing them man...but they fit perfect in my ears and enjoy using them everywhere I go. Practical for outdoor, I would never go outside with either (500 or 650).
The 650, no experience.
Think trice before selling.
Good night
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #2,185 of 13,503
I don't have any of those cans, but full sized open headphones are not good for public places, especially transit. In my opinion there's no point getting high end audio to listen to in a noisy environment. Any diminishing returns you get from spending big bucks are completely wiped out.

If you plan on getting something for commuting save yourself some money and put it into your home/office rig. IEM's are the best for isolating but even then their advantages are greatly diminished in a noisy environment. I have some respectable iem's which sound great with a good source, but when I'm out walking or sitting on a train the extra bit that makes me really appreciate what they are capable of is completely lost.

However, that said, I am pretty keen to see how they sound out of the DX100 since they seem to respond well to a good amp even though the are easy to drive.

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #2,188 of 13,503

Na but my music is always betta then yours
Quote:
Actually I just meant I had to look up who Jordin Sparks was. When you're an octogenarian you don't have the energy to follow all these new fangled inventions like television & Simon Cowell.
Okay, I started checking things off but I have a question ... are these things you've done this week? Or ever?
Cuz if it's the latter, the outcome is foregone conclusion, and I won't bother finishing, I'll just go back to watching Free Practice 1 of the Aussie GP with my 4 year old (does that count as corrupting a minor?).
Edit:
bmiamihk, for the purposes of the survey, can I count you as a temporary nemesis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back