iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #751 of 13,503

Quote:
I am using a Class 4 micro. I have a class 10 in 8gb and it loads faster but for the class 4, well I load maybe 4 or 5 albums and do something else. I would have to time it, which I haven't but it isn't fast. No big deal as once there are there, well I don't have to load them again. ;^) 

Thanks for the info but as I now religiously shut down the player if I am not going to listen to it for long, the loading time may become a little irritating. I will go ahead and get class 10 cards.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #752 of 13,503
Quote:
He meant "than to walk around with two devices (DAP + amp)"

I know - and maybe I am misreading his post - but he seems to be presenting this as an argument in favour of the D2. It isn't since the D2 and DX100 are both all-in-one devices.

No biggie. I just find it impossible to ignore errant logic. It's low hanging fruit.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #753 of 13,503

Quote:
You can pre-order guys :)

Done, and for what it's worth, cheaper than the pre
L3000.gif
order price offered by the local dealer here!

Can't wait for it to arrive >Mid March......cable time again. Just wondering about the synergy with the Triad L3 that I bought last Saturday!!!

By the reviews of fellow Head Fiers, I think the it will be a stellar combination
wink_face.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #754 of 13,503
The line out of the DX100, as has been reported, is excellent. With any of my stand alone amps, the sound it totally open and dynamic (on my better portables). The fi.Q, which I consider a bench mark, is like a free fall in space (whatever that might feel like lol ). 

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #755 of 13,503
Back on topic, I personally am passing on the DX100 for now because of my love of my current rig. (In fact, I have a high-end LPAD cable on the way from Qusp using matched custom zfoil resistors to give me the best low volume control with the CLAS+Stepdance. Okay I am a bit of a fanatic but I know what I like.)

However, I did also just buy an 8GB MicroSD card so that I can spend some quality time soon with Wagen's DX100 - this time listening to my own music. (It cost all of $8.) The DX100 is a very cool device.

One observation: Not all of us care about > Redbook high def files. (I for one care not at all.) So there are several good Android apps that make the DX100 a gapless DAP. And you can always switch to the native app for high def when necessary.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #756 of 13,503

Is the line out a 3.5mm socket or RCA? Thanks for the help!

Quote:
The line out of the DX100, as has been reported, is excellent. With any of my stand alone amps, the sound it totally open and dynamic (on my better portables). The fi.Q, which I consider a bench mark, is like a free fall in space (whatever that might feel like lol ). 

I like the sound of that, whatever it means or feel like?!?!
L3000.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #762 of 13,503
Quote:
 jamato8 , off topic but
WOW, absolutely stunning pictures!!!!!!!! 

Thank you. I didn't notice who you are addressing and was looking for more images of the DX100 on the thread and couldn't figure out where they were! lol 

Yes, PowerAmp is gapless and I like it. I do find that some red book high res sounds very good and noticed this even on my high end home setup when comparing to SACD. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #763 of 13,503
Quote:
Just preordered one as well and my ES5 is coming next week, woohoo...
I just wish I could read more comprehensive review on this DAP before pulling the trigger.

I will try to write more. I hope others will as well. I have been finishing up a book on the Aymara Indians of northern Chile so I have really been occupied otherwise as there are deadlines etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back