iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #722 of 13,503

Quote:
Maaan I have never been good at math but in no way can the cowon D2 nor the DX100 have < less than 1 watt!

It's not math so much as electrical knowledge.
wink_face.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #723 of 13,503
Can someone go into the settings menu and look at "about phone".....I wanna learn some technical specs of the device, like what clock speed and what type of processor is in the device

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #724 of 13,503

Quote:
Can someone go into the settings menu and look at "about phone".....I wanna learn some technical specs of the device, like what clock speed and what type of processor is in the device

There's nothing except info on OS/kernel version. will need other apps to reveal the info.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #727 of 13,503

Does your ibasso have the keyboard process constantly running in the background. I never noticed it running before on my unit but after some weird malfunction its seems to have been running constantly ever since. I feel it is was causing the battery to drain significantly faster. Could you confirm my finding and see if this process is running in your background and can you kill it? If anything I wanna make sure this is addressed before I get my unit back if this is the case. Thanks.
Quote:

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #728 of 13,503

Quote:
Does your ibasso have the keyboard process constantly running in the background. I never noticed it running before on my unit but after some weird malfunction its seems to have been running constantly ever since. I feel it is was causing the battery to drain significantly faster. Could you confirm my finding and see if this process is running in your background and can you kill it? If anything I wanna make sure this is addressed before I get my unit back if this is the case. Thanks.

I can't really tell as I am not using the stock keyboard. I've installed the ICS keyboard instead and it is indeed running in the background. If you are worried, I suggest installing "OS monitor" and observe the cpu usage by the keyboard application to see if it running all the time. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #729 of 13,503

Quote:
I can't really tell as I am not using the stock keyboard. I've installed the ICS keyboard instead and it is indeed running in the background. If you are worried, I suggest installing "OS monitor" and observe the cpu usage by the keyboard application to see if it running all the time. 

Well if you check the running processes in the settings menu it should have a list where it says running process'. This should give you an option to kill running process' as well. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #730 of 13,503

Quote:
Well if you check the running processes in the settings menu it should have a list where it says running process'. This should give you an option to kill running process' as well. Thanks.

Well I mean I do have a keyboard process running but it's not the stock keyboard process as I am using a custom keyboard. I think we need a third person to confirm this. Anyway this device is not rooted, so we can't kill root level processes (bummer).

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #731 of 13,503

Quote:
Well I mean I do have a keyboard process running but it's not the stock keyboard process as I am using a custom keyboard. I think we need a third person to confirm this. Anyway this device is not rooted, so we can't kill root level processes (bummer).

So maybe my unit has it running in the background due to the error I had... :frowning2:

I better contact ibasso to make sure they resolve this before shipping me my unit then. Because it was clearly visible in the running process menu where you could also kill the music player, the setting program, and of course power amp app. It also shows the time the proccess is running and shows it as active. At least that is on my unit.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #732 of 13,503
Damn electronics talk, like lawyers the use of words not often used between a man a woman but between two men. Any ways When I think of an amp such as the ones I had in my various cars the main goal was watts and how low of distortion it had. So when I shopped around I would view the specs on the amps and it would be stated 500 watts x 4, or 2,000 watts mono. So now dealing with the portable amps they do not choose to state how many amps but they state it mWatts? What is mwatts compared to a plain watts?

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #734 of 13,503
So maybe my unit has it running in the background due to the error I had... :frowning2:

I better contact ibasso to make sure they resolve this before shipping me my unit then. Because it was clearly visible in the running process menu where you could also kill the music player, the setting program, and of course power amp app. It also shows the time the proccess is running and shows it as active. At least that is on my unit.

It's not actually running as using power but lots of apps are preloaded and held in the memory but I don't think it actually draws power. It's in that state so it can open immediately. Just the nature of Android and Linux it was based upon. Wouldn't even bother shutting it down as it will use more battery to restart it.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #735 of 13,503

Quote:
Damn electronics talk, like lawyers the use of words not often used between a man a woman but between two men. Any ways When I think of an amp such as the ones I had in my various cars the main goal was watts and how low of distortion it had. So when I shopped around I would view the specs on the amps and it would be stated 500 watts x 4, or 2,000 watts mono. So now dealing with the portable amps they do not choose to state how many amps but they state it mWatts? What is mwatts compared to a plain watts?

Gain and Output Power:
0dB = 2V rms (125mW/32ohm)
+3dB = 2.8V rms (245mW/32ohm)
+8.5dB = 5.0V rms (83mW/300ohm)

125mW = 0.125 Watt

It means that DX100 produces: 
0,0625 Amps @ 2 Volts into 32 Ohm load with 0dB gain                 I=U/R
0,0875 Amps @ 2.8 Volts into 32 Ohm load with +3dB gain
0,0166 Amps @ 5 Volts into 300 Ohm load with +8.5dB gain

P.S. maybe DX100 can produce a little bit more power but sure thing the THD and IMD will creep over scary 1% and clipping may occur. And anyway look at charts for popular headphones at head-fi: 

www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Rev2.pdf
Volts RMS required to reach 90dB SPL: 0.225 Vrms
Impedance @ 1kHz: 58 Ohms
Power Needed for 90d BSPL 0.87 mW

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf
Volts RMS required to reach 90dB SPL: 0.242 Vrms
Impedance @ 1kHz: 361 Ohms
Power Needed for 90d BSPL 0.16 mW

And even the notoriously hard to drive
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE6.pdf

Volts RMS required to reach 90dB SPL: 1.018 Vrms
Impedance @ 1kHz: 53 Ohms
Power Needed for 90d BSPL 19.69 mW

With all of these HPs DX100 will give 90dB SPL without a sweat and even 100dB or more. I just can't understand why people need more. FYI to listen to music at 90dB for more than 15 minutes is hazardous and can lead to hearing damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back