iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 24, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #12,661 of 13,503
Hi, everybody
iBasso still delays providing DX100 API code to GMMP Player
it is anectodic
they want GMMP Player to sign a Non-disclosure agreement, but do not know how to prepare this agreement

if you interested to have GMMP on your DX100, please email iBasso (" iBasso Audio (service@ibasso.com)" asking them to prepare the NDA promptly and to provide the API code.

the more such messages they will receive, the more faster things will go on...
If, by chance, some of you are lawyers, please, advice iBasso how to prepare the NDA  :))

thanks a lot

Jul 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #12,662 of 13,503
My DX100 was recently upgraded to firmware version 1.27 & lost all the music in the internal storage is this normal or did something go wrong in the firmware update

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #12,664 of 13,503
  My DX100 was recently upgraded to firmware version 1.27 & lost all the music in the internal storage is this normal or did something go wrong in the firmware update

what did you use to upgrade? :) the normal upgrade procedure (image at root - factory reset) should not delete any music files on the DX100. unless you erase the NAND, but you need to allow the unit to media scan to make the music files appear in the music player

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #12,665 of 13,503
  Hi, everybody
iBasso still delays providing DX100 API code to GMMP Player
it is anectodic
they want GMMP Player to sign a Non-disclosure agreement, but do not know how to prepare this agreement

if you interested to have GMMP on your DX100, please email iBasso (" iBasso Audio (service@ibasso.com)" asking them to prepare the NDA promptly and to provide the API code.

the more such messages they will receive, the more faster things will go on...
If, by chance, some of you are lawyers, please, advice iBasso how to prepare the NDA  :))

thanks a lot

I have no idea why they're delaying this??

what kind of benefit do we get from GMMP player? 

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #12,667 of 13,503
  I have no idea why they're delaying this??

what kind of benefit do we get from GMMP player? 

what actually they wrote me on July 7:
"Hi, I am sorry.  I dont have time to prepare the NDA for them.  They also dont have a NDA template for us. 
Hopefully, I will have time to make the NDA for them on this weekend."

then they ignored two my reminders. The GMMP developer also mentioned that they ignore 2/3 of his messages. It would be really a good idea if more people from head-fi will express their dissapointment to iBasso policy and will try to push iBasso with NDA preparation, not just only me or Kyle (GMMP developer)

Jul 26, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #12,668 of 13,503
Thanks for the reply someone else did the update I will ask how it was done.Can I reset the player hitting the reset button with a pin ,or is it to late.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #12,669 of 13,503

what actually they wrote me on July 7:
"Hi, I am sorry.  I dont have time to prepare the NDA for them.  They also dont have a NDA template for us. 
Hopefully, I will have time to make the NDA for them on this weekend."

then they ignored two my reminders. The GMMP developer also mentioned that they ignore 2/3 of his messages. It would be really a good idea if more people from head-fi will express their dissapointment to iBasso policy and will try to push iBasso with NDA preparation, not just only me or Kyle (GMMP developer)

So, if iBasso guys provide NDA to GMMP Player developers, are we going to be able to get the original iBasso HD Player sound quality with GMMP player?? If so, that will be a huge improvement since DX100's built-in HD Player is too buggy.

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #12,670 of 13,503
I'm trying to use a generic replacement power supply cord to charge my DX100... but without success. Can someone please look at their stock DC power supply and see if the inside contact that connects to the DX100 is + or -? Thanks.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #12,673 of 13,503
Positive inside pin. 12vdc at least 1000mA

Curse iBasso for making their AC adaptor so unique that it can't be replaced with any generic adaptor on the market. The closest I found matched all the specs -- except it was 2000mA instead of the required 1500mA. I guess the DX100 could sense that 2000mA was too much and didn't allow it to charge the battery. No harm done. 

As a result I gave in and just ordered a replacement from iBasso. It's only $6... but I had to choose $10 shipping and wait 3-5 weeks, or upgrade to express shipping for $22.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #12,674 of 13,503

Curse iBasso for making their AC adaptor so unique that it can't be replaced with any generic adaptor on the market. The closest I found matched all the specs -- except it was 2000mA instead of the required 1500mA. I guess the DX100 could sense that 2000mA was too much and didn't allow it to charge the battery. No harm done. 

As a result I gave in and just ordered a replacement from iBasso. It's only $6... but I had to choose $10 shipping and wait 3-5 weeks, or upgrade to express shipping for $22.

A spare charger is so cheap from iBasso I would recommend that anyone buying a DX100 new should just get one outright as insurance.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #12,675 of 13,503
A Hidden Feature of iBasso R10 / DX100:

Hello guys. 

I did an experiment with a portable battery that I have purchased for 39 dollars on Amazon.com. I found that R10 and DX100 can run with an external battery power via USB. (There's no portable battery with V5 cord out there) 
Connect any of your portable battery with USB to R10 / DX100's android USB port. It won't show the charging mark. Instead, It will run on that external battery! R10 / DX100 will not use its internal battery till it completely drains the external battery. 
That's right! you can increase your R10 and DX100's battery life by 30 hours or more through this way. 
I have tested this outside today. It works flawlessly. There's no heat, error, etc. 

You'll have to plug in your external battery before turning on your R10 / DX100. Once you do that, R10 will automatically turn on and recognize your external battery as its main power source! 

------------------
FYI, Here I confirm that 256GB SD card in FAT32 format with SD to micro SD adapter work flawlessly with R10 / DX100. You can increase your R10's capacity up to 310GB!

I encourage moderator to add this to a main thread. This feature wasn't mentioned in R10 / DX100's manual. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back