iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #12,841 of 13,503
  Installing the Russian HDP-r10/DX100 Firmware on your DX100

Here are the tools you need, the iBasso FW update tool (with instructions) and the update.img file (the Russian HDP-r10/DX100 FW).  These instructions and tools are designed for a Windows machine (32 OR 64 bit, both drivers are included).  Drivers listed are for Vista and Windows 7, unsure of the compatibility of latter versions.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/u47a4njr6n4x7/DX100_Tools

DISCLAIMER

If you do this, it is entirely at your own risk, if you brick your device I cannot offer support to unbrick it.  I've used this tool many times and it's always worked perfectly for my DX100, but you have been warned.

Method

-Ensure you either have a power supply connected to the DX100 or your battery is well charged.

-Download and unzip the tools to your WINDOWS machine.

-Remove your SD card and back-up anything in the DX100's built-in memory that you need to keep as this process will completely wipe it.

-Open the PDF file (DX100 firmware installation.pdf)

-Start at Step 2. Follow the instructions in the PDF.  You are basically going to install a new driver for the DX100 (from the files provided) which will allow you to upload the new .img file using their tool. Their diagram is easy to follow.

-Once uploaded, the DX100 will perform the upgrade, be patient it takes a few mins. 

Once it has finished you'll see lots of Russian language on the screen. To change to English, press the Settings icon, then Language and Keyboard which is 3rd from the bottom.  Select the first item and browse to the Language of choice.

enjoy!

I installed the firmware and it indeed works very well. However, I cannot install Rdio apk, getting parsing error with every one I could find. Anyone able to help?

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #12,844 of 13,503
So guys. Update me. Worth the trouble? Thinking of getting one of these secondhand. How much better than the dx90 is it? I have access to a Mac or PC (w8). Should I hold out for the big kahuna (the all inclusive amped DACked and affordable DAP coming someday)?

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #12,845 of 13,503
So guys. Update me. Worth the trouble? Thinking of getting one of these secondhand. How much better than the dx90 is it? I have access to a Mac or PC (w8). Should I hold out for the big kahuna (the all inclusive amped DACked and affordable DAP coming someday)?

Yes, depending on the price.  I would have trouble paying more than $450- 500 US for a DX100 since now the DX90 is such a bargain for being 90+% of what a DX100 can do.  The only downside is that (IMO) the DX90 is still buggier than the DX100..especially with the cut-out problem that many have experienced.   

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #12,846 of 13,503
I think the cut out problem has to do with the formatting of the card. I format most of mine, before using and haven't had a problem for a long time and I use the Dx90 every day. 

The DX100 is excellent sounding and IMO, one of the top daps. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #12,847 of 13,503
I was unable to install this new firmware on my dx100. The problem is that RKBatchTool does not see my dx100 neither on my computer (Dell latptop on Win7 64bit Home Premium) nor on my office computer (Dell stationery computer on Win7 64bit Enterprise) ie I don't have this green square in RKBatchTool, I have pink one.

Previously I had some problems with connection of my dx100 to the computer but this is not the case now since recently ibasso replaced usb port of my dx100.
The computer recognizes my dx100 as removable disk but it is not named "ibasso dx100" it is named as "Removable Disk H". I can easily copy and paste music/stock firmware to dx100. 
On the other hand in the device manger my dx100 is recognized as removable disk and it is named there as "ibasso dx100".
I tried to update manually drivers via device manager but even though I'm directing the computer to the path of dx100 drivers which I downloaded from ibasso the computer still says that this device has up to date drivers and the date of the drivers is 2006.

BTW, why the manul says that one should just press and hold volume up while connecting usb cable or while re-connecting the cable, for the purpose of drivers installation? Isn't that the mere plug of the usb cable do the thing ie when dx100 is in usb storage mode the drivers are automatically installed on the computer?
When I'm just pressing and holding just volume up (and no other button) either nothing happens ie the mere holding of volume up does not boot dx100 or the volume is just increasing (this is when dx100 is open and is the usb storage mode).

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #12,849 of 13,503
If you have pink, just click 'switch' and it will changed to green
smily_headphones1.gif

As RKBatchTool is in Chinese and I don't know this language at all
biggrin.gif
 could you please tell me where is the "switch" button?

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #12,851 of 13,503
  I was unable to install this new firmware on my dx100. The problem is that RKBatchTool does not see my dx100 neither on my computer (Dell latptop on Win7 64bit Home Premium) nor on my office computer (Dell stationery computer on Win7 64bit Enterprise) ie I don't have this green square in RKBatchTool, I have pink one.

Previously I had some problems with connection of my dx100 to the computer but this is not the case now since recently ibasso replaced usb port of my dx100.
The computer recognizes my dx100 as removable disk but it is not named "ibasso dx100" it is named as "Removable Disk H". I can easily copy and paste music/stock firmware to dx100. 
On the other hand in the device manger my dx100 is recognized as removable disk and it is named there as "ibasso dx100".
I tried to update manually drivers via device manager but even though I'm directing the computer to the path of dx100 drivers which I downloaded from ibasso the computer still says that this device has up to date drivers and the date of the drivers is 2006.

BTW, why the manul says that one should just press and hold volume up while connecting usb cable or while re-connecting the cable, for the purpose of drivers installation? Isn't that the mere plug of the usb cable do the thing ie when dx100 is in usb storage mode the drivers are automatically installed on the computer?
When I'm just pressing and holding just volume up (and no other button) either nothing happens ie the mere holding of volume up does not boot dx100 or the volume is just increasing (this is when dx100 is open and is the usb storage mode).

you must follow the instructions exactly.  You are not just connecting te DX to your PC like you would to transfer files, the Volume + and Reset button combo puts the device into a special mode which the tool can then see (once you install the driver).

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #12,852 of 13,503
  you must follow the instructions exactly.  You are not just connecting te DX to your PC like you would to transfer files, the Volume + and Reset button combo puts the device into a special mode which the tool can then see (once you install the driver).

I understand that I should plug usb cable, press and hold volume up, then press reset button for 2 secs while still pressing volume up. What's next? Should I stop pressing reset button? If yes, that is what exactly I was doing. But after those actions dx100 boots as always and shows typical usb storage mode.
I understand that drivers should install automatically wihtout the need to do anything, right? If yes, then should dx100 be visible in My Computer as hard risk named Removable Disk or should be named Dx100 or similar? If the latter I understand that the fact tha my dx100 is not named as "dx100" is caused by the fact that the drivers were not sucesfully installed? If yes, then why nothing changes if I go to the device manger and update the drivers on removable disk named "ibasso dx100" (as I wrote although in My Computer there is no "dx100" and only "Removable Disk" in the device manager in the removable disks section I have removable disk named "dx100").
After all above actions I'm getting pink square in RKBatchTool.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #12,854 of 13,503

I understand that I should plug usb cable, press and hold volume up, then press reset button for 2 secs while still pressing volume up. What's next? Should I stop pressing reset button? If yes, that is what exactly I was doing. But after those actions dx100 boots as always and shows typical usb storage mode.
I understand that drivers should install automatically wihtout the need to do anything, right? If yes, then should dx100 be visible in My Computer as hard risk named Removable Disk or should be named Dx100 or similar? If the latter I understand that the fact tha my dx100 is not named as "dx100" is caused by the fact that the drivers were not sucesfully installed? If yes, then why nothing changes if I go to the device manger and update the drivers on removable disk named "ibasso dx100" (as I wrote although in My Computer there is no "dx100" and only "Removable Disk" in the device manager in the removable disks section I have removable disk named "dx100").
After all above actions I'm getting pink square in RKBatchTool.

the DX100 should be powered on when you do this.

-Make sure it's switched on
-Connect USB cable, don't press anything on the screen
-Hold Volume +, press Reset for 1-2 secs, then release (continue to hold the Volume +)
-You'll see windows trying to install it, you may release the volume button now
-Windows will fail to find the driver, now it's your turn to provide it  in device manager using the file provided 

Good luck

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #12,855 of 13,503
I am installing the FW now, will see how it goes. I already had the batch tool, as it is a great item to have if you mess up any DX. Now loading the .img file. Ok, it all worked. Now to find the English. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back