iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #12,468 of 13,503
Woohoo my 128gb memory card is supposed to arrive within the next week. Could even be within the next day or two depending on where its being shipped from (our state recently acquired an Amazon warehouse, but that means I also have to pay tax 
frown.gif
)

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #12,469 of 13,503
I didn't format the 128gb, just dropped music on it and it worked fine. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #12,470 of 13,503
I forgot are the memory cards for the DX100 supposed to be in FAT32? Some devices do not need to be which would explain why it would work instantly. Honestly it would be nice to not format as I always lose my program that formats FAT32, and it can take a long time on 64gb cards let alone 128gb.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #12,473 of 13,503
  I have a 128 on the way, hope it just works

They do work. I received mine today (it was stuck in post office limbo for a couple of days). I am loading all my music to it right now, which is taking quite a while as I am loading over 100gb of music.

As a quick tip as hinted above, put the card in then go to storage and erase all SD data. This will format your card so your dx100 can read it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #12,474 of 13,503
  They do work. I received mine today (it was stuck in post office limbo for a couple of days). I am loading all my music to it right now, which is taking quite a while as I am loading over 100gb of music.

As a quick tip as hinted above, put the card in then go to storage and erase all SD data. This will format your card so your dx100 can read it.

don't you love the "sticky" post office! Mine's due for delivery today but it'll probably be the weekend before I can start loading, I have two full 64s I want to merge.

Thanks for the format hint

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #12,475 of 13,503
  don't you love the "sticky" post office! Mine's due for delivery today but it'll probably be the weekend before I can start loading, I have two full 64s I want to merge.

Thanks for the format hint

Generally USPS is pretty fast around here, but the past week or so its been kinda slow. For a while there it did not matter what type of option I chose I got in 2-3 days even from far away states. Now everything has been taking a week or so.

Anyways I found out the hard way that transferring 100gb of music from 2 sources at one time. It ended up freezing at around 70gb of music. Also as a quick tip (I do not know why I did not think about the transferring source before attempting this) the fastest way to write data on my computer was to hook up my DX100 through usb. Then I used the SD card slot on my computer with the 128gb card in it to transfer from the internal DX100 memory to the card. Transferring files was about twice as fast compared to having the card in my DX100 and transferring from internal memory to the dx100 SD. It worked the same way for transferring 64gb card to 128gb card ( I only have 1 SD slot).

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #12,476 of 13,503
  Generally USPS is pretty fast around here, but the past week or so its been kinda slow. For a while there it did not matter what type of option I chose I got in 2-3 days even from far away states. Now everything has been taking a week or so.

Anyways I found out the hard way that transferring 100gb of music from 2 sources at one time. It ended up freezing at around 70gb of music. Also as a quick tip (I do not know why I did not think about the transferring source before attempting this) the fastest way to write data on my computer was to hook up my DX100 through usb. Then I used the SD card slot on my computer with the 128gb card in it to transfer from the internal DX100 memory to the card. Transferring files was about twice as fast compared to having the card in my DX100 and transferring from internal memory to the dx100 SD. It worked the same way for transferring 64gb card to 128gb card ( I only have 1 SD slot).

I'm going to do mine one card at a time overnight, I've copied everything to PC and I'm just waiting for the card so I can start...

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #12,478 of 13,503
  I'm going to do mine one card at a time overnight, I've copied everything to PC and I'm just waiting for the card so I can start...

Yeah thats probably one of the faster ways of doing it. I did not want to transfer all my music to my laptop though as I only have 129gb of storage left. Otherwise I store my back up music on my USB 1TB hard drive and I have that connected to my router. The only problem is that I do not have all my music on that drive, and the transfer speeds through usb on that are not all that fast either. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #12,479 of 13,503

PC recognises card but DX100 doesn't

Can't even do a format as I can't mount it...

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #12,480 of 13,503
It doesn't even say corrupted? I was able to get mine to tell me that it was corrupted (it took a little bit), then I clicked on Erase SD card. If that does not work then you are most likely going to have to use a program to format the card (I am assuming its still in exFAT) which is a PITA.

I know the card works as I have been using it for the past week without any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back