iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 1, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #7,187 of 13,503
Quote:
What about embedded cover art? If that is fixed and if gapeless is fixed I'm set. Just gotta see if they sound changed for the worse.

Embedded art seems to be supported as well!

In other news, they stopped bundling "Checkmark Calendar" and the 1.2.3 firmware can still be rooted. All wins so far for me, now I just need the music player to stop scanning and start playing!

Hell, I'll wipe settings and get on with it, time to start over! Might even have to transfer a few albums to see if the ordering bug has been fixed...

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #7,188 of 13,503
Nice! So I can now clear everything back to factory and not waste space with those album art loaders. All my music has been properly tagged and album art embedded as it should (OCD freak :wink: I also like the new background :).

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #7,189 of 13,503
Quote:
Embedded art seems to be supported as well!

the 1.2.3 firmware can still be rooted.

see if the ordering bug has been fixed...

Excellent as all my music has the art embedded
Good that it can still be rooted
I have never experienced this issue in either the Widget or the main player....this has to be related to how peoples music is named\tagged. Just a thought...those that have experienced this issue - did their player come with v1.1.7 or did they upgrade the firmware from a previous version?

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #7,190 of 13,503
Now to find out if they fixed gapless playback. Please tell me they fixed it :). I'm not sure what else to complain about if that is also fixed :p.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #7,191 of 13,503
Are there any J. river users out there?   I was wondering if the FLAC files from J. River will show the cover art once copied to an SD drive and imported to the ibasso?  I think the files are tagged with the cover art, but not sure.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #7,192 of 13,503
Quote:
Are there any J. river users out there?   I was wondering if the FLAC files from J. River will show the cover art once copied to an SD drive and imported to the ibasso?  I think the files are tagged with the cover art, but not sure.

I have Jriver and if your album art is embedded into the tags it should show up fine with this update. If you have problems use mp3tag to tag your files on the fly as I did.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #7,193 of 13,503
Quote:
Hibino Intersound will be selling the silicon case HC-R10B and screen protector HF-R10 on 30th of August and the SRP are 2000 yen (about 25 USD) and 1000 yen (about 15 USD) respectively. 

i want. problem is how to buy from them since i doubt they will ship outside japan. there is always whiterabbitexpress though for additional charge.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #7,194 of 13,503
Quote:

Tried J. River, not much of a fan, I prefer the simplicity of Foobar or Clementine on my computers. But if someone were to send me a file I guess I could test it on my DX100 
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #7,195 of 13,503
J. River actually isn't half bad. But then again I got J. River, Media Monkey Gold, Foobar, cPlay lol. :wink:

Do you think that protective case will cause more heat? That is my main concern. It looks nice though.

I do agree with spkrs though. The bass has changed. I'm not sure if it is for the better myself...
confused_face%281%29.gif
There's also a delay in switching between tracks (I hope they can fix this in the next update). Not sure if this is their fix for the cutting out of songs.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #7,196 of 13,503
Quote:
J. River actually isn't half bad. But then again I got J. River, Media Monkey Gold, Foobar, cPlay lol. :wink:

Do you think that protective case will cause more heat? That is my main concern. It looks nice though.

I do agree with spkrs though. The bass has changed. I'm not sure if it is for the better myself...
confused_face%281%29.gif
There's also a delay in switching between tracks (I hope they can fix this in the next update). Not sure if this is their fix for the cutting out of songs.

Just noticed this myself but it seems to have fixed the cutting...

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #7,197 of 13,503
What about the bass? Do you notice any difference. Bass does appear to be taking a back seat now. It's brighter than before which I don't find a plus. I'll try playing with it for a while. If I can't get used to the sound I'll just revert back. The sound is more tilted toward the mids and treble now.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #7,198 of 13,503
Quote:
What about the bass? Do you notice any difference. Bass does appear to be taking a back seat now. It's brighter than before which I don't find a plus. I'll try playing with it for a while. If I can't get used to the sound I'll just revert back.

I'm having a bit of a fight with my DX100, it doesn't want to connect to wifi right now, so I just did the full reset, installed the firmware, then full reset again. On the plus side, all artwork is definetely showing up as it should, without cover art downloader!

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #7,199 of 13,503
Yes but I wanted the sound to stay exactly the same as the previous update. It was perfect IMO. Not saying this sound is bad but not as good as previously :frowning2: Using EQ flat does help.

There's definite boost in the mid range and treble... On a positive note, power amp does sound better than I remember it. I disabled all EQ and enhancements via options.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #7,200 of 13,503
I been listening some more this afternoon, and I think it is to do with the EQ.

Now I have the the EQ on and flat, blue lights lit, as opposed to off and flat which now seems boosted and hence the muddled bass I referred to in an earlier post.

I would say the EQ off and flat seems boosted because the volumes levels have changed completely from yesterday. I was listening to the DX100 at low gain, volume 208-228 yesterday and today, after the update even at 208 it was way too loud. I neglected to play about with the EQ straight after the update..........
confused_face_2.gif
. Will listen some more later.  

Forgot to say I am listening at the same volume levels as before the update now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back