iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #3,586 of 13,503

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply that the DX 100 can do many more things... my point was that saying it was worse than an ipod because it doesn't do things well, that an ipod doesn't do at all, isn't perhaps a completely balanced view. And no I don't consider making playlists in itunes the same as playing by folder, but that really isn't important.
Anyway, sorry yours is giving you such headaches. I've been there with other products. For my experience, I haven't come across anything on the DX that prevents me from enjoying seriously great music. Hope yours get there too.

Thanks for that.  I guess it's what you are used to.  Yeah, there's part of me that hopes that iBasso comes back with a simple solution, but after the last three days of troubleshooting, I'm really not enjoying the whole experience, as you can probably imagine.  Thanks for the kind thoughts though, I appreciate it and am glad others are enjoying their DX100's.  As I've said, iBasso seems to be a straight-up company that stands behind their products and has been nothing but responsive to my issues and difficulties.  I would not hesitate to buy anything from them again on that basis alone.  Heck, if they end up working out most of these bugs I may hop back on the queue for another one down the road.  The sound quality is certainly excellent. 

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #3,588 of 13,503
i have pre-ordered a dx1000 and received an email for the rest of the payment on payypal but i an hesitant after hearing about the bugs.Is there a amp and dac  combo alternative that comes close to the sound quality. I really want to buy the Dx1000 but for 800 dollar i want a better guarentee it will work out of the box . I do not intend to return it and obsorb the cost of shipping it  back to china over manufactors defect. i hear great things about the sound quality and customer service but before i give myself and ibasso a headache i just want  to know close in cost and sound qualities amp/dap alternatives i have to the dx1000 before pulling the trigger. Do not get me wrong i do have a tolerance for the flaws in the dx1000 but some of you on here have better insite into alternatives or lack there of.  

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #3,590 of 13,503

Quote:
Jax, got the same problem with SD card use. When I insert an SD card I cannot access the internal storage.
All other problems are totally worth it for the sound. I loved my Cowons but they cannot compare to this. Never heard anything like it and I only have 20hrs on it and it is supposed to get better!
Using UM Miracle and Merlin demos. Luckily I have these on loan as I have been waiting for years it seems for my SE530x6 to come back from a refit (UMUK problems very much like yours Soren).Defintiely not going with UM but Heir for my final CIEM purchase)
Hope the card thing is solvable without an RMA. I have mailed iBasso so waiting patiently for a response. 
PS stock player is quirky but coming from Cowons, is totally usable I find.

Exactly the same problem here. I am using a 64GB Sandisk microSDXC (Class 6) card. When it's inserted, I cannot access the internal storage. Those tracks do not appear anymore.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #3,591 of 13,503

Quote:
Uelover....the stockplayer is having trouble with a lot of mp3's. Not properly identifying bit rate or song length...and recognizing multiple mp3's as one track. 

I hear you wolfen. It is strange because of all the files that I have loaded, only those in mp3 320kbps 44.1khz formats are recognized correctly with their artwork. I don't play via folder and I play by the 'Album' category as sorted out by the stock player.

But in any case, I am using the Poweramp now. I have zero hires audio file with me at the moment so the choice between Poweramp and the stock player is an easy one.

Quote:
I have followed this whole thread with 'real' interest, one thing that I have noticed in all of your post is that you easily dismiss others thoughts & put their equipment down....

If you have known the portable rigs most of us here have owned before, you will be able to appreciate our findings more.

At this early stage of burn in, I can say that the DX100 is already the best of the best DAP I have had. Once I use Poweramp as the audio playback software, all the problems regarding the stock player gets resolved.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #3,592 of 13,503
Could it be that 64gb SDXC just isn't reliable with the Dx100?

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,594 of 13,503

Quote:
His ears peak, as he has a fully loaded 64gb MicroSD waiting for his DX100...

This is so funny. I am a little too lazy to load up all my songs into the DX100 so currently, I only have used 10GB of the internal 64GB
bigsmile_face.gif

More songs will be added in time to come but now its the initial burn in phase.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #3,595 of 13,503

Quote:
Could it be that 64gb SDXC just isn't reliable with the Dx100?

Sandisk are certainly some of the most reliable cards as far as professional photography is concerned.  I have all Sandisk CF cards and never had only one glitch in many years of use and thousands of photos.   My micro-SD card is just a standard Sandisk Class 4 card, for the record.  It is not an SDXC.  I do have a 64gb SDXC but have not taken it out of its package since I will likely return everything and do not have faith enough that it will change anything.  There are others (at least one who posted recently) that are successfully using that card without problems like I've described, and at least one now who has had very similar problems with that card.  So my thinking is that it's not the card.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3,596 of 13,503

Quote:
If you have known the portable rigs most of us here have owned before, you will be able to appreciate our findings more.

At this early stage of burn in, I can say that the DX100 is already the best of the best DAP I have had. Once I use Poweramp as the audio playback software, all the problems regarding the stock player gets resolved.

as a dabbler in hi-fi I suppose it could be that reverse case as you know that I freely admit I am a novice at head-fi, I respect others views and you yourself have given me good advice which I have heeded & held back on rushing into things.... see I also listen.

I'm glad your DX100 is working for you as you have the technical ability to breeze the bugs, that would not of been my situation as I do not have the patience for technical stuff and I would of been fuming, but it looks like things are being resolved bit by bit and that can only be good news for all concerned..... think I'll wait for the second version.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #3,597 of 13,503
This is so funny. I am a little too lazy to load up all my songs into the DX100 so currently, I only have used 10GB of the internal 64GB
bigsmile_face.gif

Lol. :D

I'm in the same boat. I went through a lot of my music and thought "seriously, when was the last time you listened to that?" I have about 1/3 of the internal filled. It'll get bigger slowly.

I'm sure one day soon I'll pop a micro sd card in and start thinking "why doesn't this piece of $?#* work like it's supposed to?"

Lesson: be more discerning in your music.

Just kidding.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #3,598 of 13,503
Heh. Something to occupy my DX100 'itch' until mine lands 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3,599 of 13,503
Don't wish to tempt fate but I'm using a Sandisk 64gb microSDXC (class 6) in my DX100 and, so far, all appears to be working OK.. (in specific relation to the SD card, I mean. I still have many non-SDcard-related bugs, though! 
blink.gif
 )

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #3,600 of 13,503
Glad to hear there doesn't appear to be any inherent 64gb microSDXC issue Mython.

Quote:
Don't wish to tempt fate but I'm using a Sandisk 64gb microSDXC (class 6) in my DX100 and, so far, all appears to be working OK.. (in specific relation to the SD card, I mean. I still have many non-SDcard-related bugs, though! 
blink.gif
 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back