iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #136 of 13,503

Quote:
Delivered, I just got mine. /happy dance.

OK, congrats now pictures and impressions please
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #137 of 13,503
Jan 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #138 of 13,503

Quote:

Subscribed and Supplied :wink:

I just reloaded my on the go FLAC library on this baby via playlists. It seems to make access much easier and organized than just having my folders set up in playlist-like format. With the files just dragged and dropped in this order it didn't continue playing the same files in each folder. Now that I synched these same folders in playlist style problem solved and my organization is once again attained :).

I have to agree this player is very resolving and open. Very good separation while maintaining a spacious sound stage. Bass is also very nice and controlled. More impressions and pictures to come...

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #139 of 13,503

Quote:
Subscribed and Supplied :wink:

I just reloaded my on the go FLAC library on this baby via playlists. It seems to make access much easier and organized than just having my folders set up in playlist-like format. With the files just dragged and dropped in this order it didn't continue playing the same files in each folder. Now that I synched these same folders in playlist style problem solved and my organization is once again attained :).

I have to agree this player is very resolving and open. Very good separation while maintaining a spacious sound stage. Bass is also very nice and controlled. More impressions and pictures to come...

I read and read but see nothing..........
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #140 of 13,503

Quote:

Excellent Snoopy! 

I am finding that the class 10 is working fine. And loading the class 4 32gb with more music is going well. Now I need to learn how to keep my music in specific genres like on iRiver where I have a Rock, classical, jazz, and so on for files and then open those up. I also have a separate just for the Grateful Dead but again, I haven't figured out how to have just those headings without have to look at all albums. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #144 of 13,503

Quote:
I read and read but see nothing..........
rolleyes.gif

Sorry Turorkrocks you're just gonna have to be patient. This player isn't perfect either BTW. There is quite a retard factor to this device. I had to figure out the appropriate way to sync my FLAC files via playlist for one to get all the files to play in that particular folder. That is issue one. Issue two is once I figured out how to get the playlists synced to the device; even after formatting the memory to delete everything, the playlists were still visible. Basically littering the player with empty shell files. This is a big no, no. Once you format the device everything should be wiped. That is not the case. I had to go through each and every playlist file and delete it manually on the device which is a big PITA especially considering how many playlists I had on it... (try 300 or more).
rolleyes.gif

Now I gotta re-sync 45 GBs of FLAC music once again lol and hopefully everything is clean and neat as I am just picky like that. I'm very organized and don't like garbage on my player.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #145 of 13,503
[size=medium]I’m away from home cause of work. I won’t be home till Monday so youtube video will have to wait until then.  I would highly recommend this album if you want to test your dx100 with your LCD-2,3, JH, etc..[/size]

[size=medium]http://www.ottmarliebert.com/music/album/up-close[/size]

[size=medium]no seriously, one of the best sounding albums you will ever hear. [/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]P.S.: I’m not dancing, crying, singing,  or doing anything other than reviewing dx100 on youtube. If you feel disappointed then just search youtube, I’m sure you will find what you’re looking for. [/size][/size]

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #146 of 13,503
Jan 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #147 of 13,503
Well a deals a deal so I'll post some pics below but will have to leave impressions and comparison for later  when I'm off lol. Edit: Forgot to add the one with the Hifiman 601. Note if you look at the picture my iphone4 in its Otterbox case isn't to much smaller than this DX100. So in honesty its not a far fetch from portable at all :).

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #148 of 13,503
It's funny. I have the DX100 right here but I enjoy looking at images others take and the comparisons to other DAPs, etc. Great stuff. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #149 of 13,503

Lee you might want to edit those pictures and remove your identification card. Just to be safe. oh and cut your toe nails.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #150 of 13,503
Ok thanks mate. Trust your judgement and will try and cancel my PB2 order :)

Cheers,
Ed
Quote:
Of course adding the PB2 will realize a higher output power capability due to the higher voltage swing, but given the ease that the DX100 drives the 600 ohm Beyers, I doubt that it would be worth the expense of both money and additional components that you would need to carry to make it worthwhile, as the Beyers sound just fine when driven only by the DX100. I get more than enough volume at a setting of 220 (high gain)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back