iBasso D3 Python as DAC
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kingcrib

New Head-Fier
Does anybody have the iBasso D3 and a desktop DAC? Have you ever done blind testing between them? Could you tell?

Background: I started with the iBasso D3 to replace my crappy computer soundcard and to use with Shure e500. Then decided I really needed some full sized circumaural phones which led to Bedyerdynamic DT880's. Sound better, but seemed that the bigger headphones needed more power, so recently got the Shanling PH100. I am feeding the PH100 with the iBasso D3 DAC line out through my Vista laptop, using Foobar 2000 with WASAPI output. I am actually very pleased with this setup, but I can't help but wonder if it would get better with a more serious DAC. However, from what I read, it seems most people have a pretty hard time differentiating large differences between DACs. As you can tell by my equipment, I am all about "bang for the buck".

Maybe I should just take my OCD meds and enjoy the music.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 2
I use the D3 as a DAC only and I often wonder the same thing. One thing that bothers me a little is that I use a cheap mini to female rca adapter so I can use my Tara Labs RSC cable to connect to my amp. This definately appears to be my weak link and I'm not sure if this affects the sounds as much as I think it does. I've been looking for a Keces 151 or a Dacmagic, just so I can avoid using the adapter.

On a side note - What meds should we be taking for our Audio OCD??
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back