Ibasso D2 White Noise
Nov 22, 2010 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Peetswee

New Head-Fier
I just got my ibasso d2 today, and it produces some kind of white noise which is quiet but is noticeable.  When I turn my d2 off it makes this weird kind of noise.  Is this normal?  I'm using it with my m50s if it that matters.  I'm not sure if it's called white noise but it's like the kind of sound you get when you crank your laptop sound up with headphones on.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 6
thats what mine did. It sounds like  a washing machine. its the capacitors. 

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
wolfen68 said:

Just a question to see if anyone else has witnessed this behavior with the D12.  When you turn it off, you can hear the normal gentle "pop" as the amp turns off.  However, with my D12 there is a very impressive mini-jet-like whine that occurs about 2-3 seconds after powerdown.  I've never heard an amp make this noise...just curious if they all do this.

I've also noticed that the D12's input manager seems to be doing a very good job as compared to the D10 (which already worked well).  As I change inputs or turn sources on and off, the D12 is picking them up flawlessly whereas my D10 occasionally has to be turned off and on again to acquire the signal. 

Originally Posted by HiFlight:

Yes, this is normal behavior.  As the power reserve in the caps is exhausted, the opamps often oscillate a bit before shutting down completely. 

Such sound is perfectly harmless.

It's normal, don't worry about it.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 6
I am so relieved that it is normal because mine is mini-audio and I'm not sure if Ibasso will do anything about it.  I dont live in China but I got it because I had relatives coming from China.  Will this "white noise and swooshy sound" thing go away later or affect the sq?  Thanks everyone.

Nov 23, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I am so relieved that it is normal because mine is mini-audio and I'm not sure if Ibasso will do anything about it.  I dont live in China but I got it because I had relatives coming from China.  Will this "white noise and swooshy sound" thing go away later or affect the sq?  Thanks everyone.

No and no.

Nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back