iBasso D2+ Boa for DT770
Aug 18, 2009 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sovelin

100+ Head-Fier
I am considering getting a portable amp for the DT770 pro 80ohm. Has anyone paired it with the iBasso D2+? How well did the two work together? My source will be either my MacBook Pro, or an iPod Classic 120gig with LOD.

Will I notice a significant difference in SQ with this amp (for the better, of course )?

Also, within the same price range (nothing more expensive than the D2, please), is there anything better? Portability is a plus, but if I will get a significant increase in SQ with a desktop solution, I'll go for it.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I can't comment on the D2+ Boa, but I do have a BSG cMoy and the DT770-80's. Even an amp as cheap and rudimentary as a cMoy improved the sound considerably. With most of my sources, (mp3, laptop, desktop), the volume wasn't loud enough, the bass wasn't as tight as it should have been and the phones lacked a lot of oomph, spark, life, etc. My cMoy improved every aspect of the sound quite a bit. Most importantly to me, the phones can now be at a listenable level.

Since the D2+ Boa is a serious amp/DAC, I can only imagine that it would improve the sound vastly over what a cheap cMoy could. Hope this helped a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back