Ibasso D2 Boa - Bad usb connector ?
Jan 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

digitalfrog

100+ Head-Fier
Am I the only one with bad USB connection with the Ibasso D2 Boa ?

I tried *7* usb cables of all sizes and religions and none of them stay tight. They won't completely leave the the D2, but they will move enough to loose the connection. I have to remove and plug back the cable and power cycle the unit.

It's a bit of a pain, but assume they use the same mini usb female connectors on all units so I guess I can't be the only one to experience this.

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 9
Hey! I had problems too with some of the cables i had at home. Finally i ordered and received one good and fat USB cable, like this one and works to me perfectly with my D2 Boa

Seems that if there is no a very good cable, signal arrives but so weak, so Boa attenuates and is not able to work. Now it's perfect for me.

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by fameh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey! I had problems too with some of the cables i had at home. Finally i ordered and received one good and fat USB cable, like this one and works to me perfectly with my D2 Boa

Seems that if there is no a very good cable, signal arrives but so weak, so Boa attenuates and is not able to work. Now it's perfect for me.

Cable ordered as my Boa has the exact same problem. I'll report if it works or not, but it'll probably take a while to arrive.

Jan 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cable ordered as my Boa has the exact same problem. I'll report if it works or not, but it'll probably take a while to arrive.

Yeah took me 2-3 weeks to arrive, but it works!. Thanks again dealextreme!!
popcorn.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 9
Did you guys get the high quality see through silver USB cable also with your D2?Damn it's nice!I want to keep it if i sell it before i return it.I'm getting the more powerful D3,with the awesome D2 sound.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 9
I wished !

I bough mine 3 weeks ago and it came with a simple black USB cable...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys get the high quality see through silver USB cable also with your D2?Damn it's nice!I want to keep it if i sell it before i return it.I'm getting the more powerful D3,with the awesome D2 sound.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 9
The silver USB cable came with my D3 which I rec'd three days ago.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 9
USB cable from Deal Extreme didn't work and didn't seem to fit any better
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back