Ibasso d10 and rotel RA-06 amplifier and HD 595??
Aug 5, 2009 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cathare34

Head-Fier
Hello again,

1/ I have a question when i put my HD 595 in my amplifier (rotel RA-06 ) the sound isn't all that i don't like it(darkish sound etc..), I want more clarity and punch so i wander if i bought the ibasso d10 shall i hear improvement ?? (I can than also have the Ibasso for my MP3 player, my computer etc....that make sence no ?)

2/ Or is it better not to buy another also portable amp and buy another quality headphone??
(I listen mostly 70's : camel,led zeppelin,eloy... and progrock)

3/ My budget is between 500 - 700 dollar for portable amp and headphone!!!

Thanks and sorry for my English...

atsmile.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Test some Grados if you want clarity and punch. I recommend sr80i + bowls for start.
From what you say they have a good chance on sounding great directly out of that rotel.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by cathare34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello again,

1/ I have a question when i put my HD 595 in my amplifier (rotel RA-06 ) the sound isn't all that i don't like it(darkish sound etc..), I want more clarity and punch so i wander if i bought the ibasso d10 shall i hear improvement ?? (I can than also have the Ibasso for my MP3 player, my computer etc....that make sence no ?)

2/ Or is it better not to buy another also portable amp and buy another quality headphone??
(I listen mostly 70's : camel,led zeppelin,eloy... and progrock)

3/ My budget is between 500 - 700 dollar for portable amp and headphone!!!

Thanks and sorry for my English...

atsmile.gif

Hehe, read my rants in D2 BOA thread. You have to accept the fact that HD595 is never gonna give u a punch in music. Its more for relaxed listening. If you still want some punch out of them, get an amp which has warm sound or some kind of bass boost switch to compensate for weak low frequency response of HD595s

Aug 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanke1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, read my rants in D2 BOA thread. You have to accept the fact that HD595 is never gonna give u a punch in music. Its more for relaxed listening. If you still want some punch out of them, get an amp which has warm sound or some kind of bass boost switch to compensate for weak low frequency response of HD595s

So a d2 boa + seems been cheaper and just what i need for driving the hd595a lot better??? and off cpurse i can use it also as portable
beerchug.gif

Thanks if you have other ideas???

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 6
Other tips and tweaks welcome....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back