iBasso D1 Sucks, beware!
Sep 29, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #46 of 95
just to be clear, the iBasso's amp section still works just the DAC section, which is an important part. However, I was not a tube lover when i bought the little dot II++, but it sounds so clear and detailed without sounding harsh that i cant tear myself away from it. The iBasso running from usb to my headphones doesnt even compare with the Little dot II++ out of the crappy soundcard I have, using the headphone out(soundcard will amplify) or out of the line out which sounds even better. I am returning the iBasso and not lloking back. I am looking for a USB DAC or a DAC/trends audio USB transport(a usb to optical out transport).

Sep 29, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #48 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthorne77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And yes I have lossless audio on my computer, I love FLAC. And just cause Im new to this forum doesn't mean I'm a newbie. I didnt expect so many people to be pissed tho, geez:wink:

I don't see how you could make a bold statement like that and not expect to get people aroused. But that's just me.

Sep 29, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #49 of 95
For all those 2568 people that have posted nasty posts about me and tell me to chill, take your own advice. The only reason I posted this was for other people that had the same problem, and only slightly to vent. I dont know why everyone loves it so much, but thats cool. Since I can listen to just the amp section on my iBasso even though the DAC doesnt work (line in), I can tell you with 100% confidence that the little dot II++ is a better sounding amp. Sure it the age old tradeoff from solid state to tubes, less bass but better midrange on the tubes. Better bass on the solid state. I have enough bass on my little dot but on a bad recording the bass can be lacking, sure. And thanks to the few who defended me and saw my real intentions.

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #50 of 95
Quote:

For all those 2568 people that have posted ...

There have only been 49 posts! 50 w/ this and not all are about you.
rolleyes.gif
Get your numbers right.

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #51 of 95
Quote:

For all those 2568 people that have posted nasty posts about me and tell me to chill, take your own advice. The only reason I posted this was for other people that had the same problem, and only slightly to vent. I dont know why everyone loves it so much, but thats cool. Since I can listen to just the amp section on my iBasso even though the DAC doesnt work (line in), I can tell you with 100% confidence that the little dot II++ is a better sounding amp. Sure it the age old tradeoff from solid state to tubes, less bass but better midrange on the tubes. Better bass on the solid state. I have enough bass on my little dot but on a bad recording the bass can be lacking, sure. And thanks to the few who defended me and saw my real intentions.

a lot of people here like to pucker up for the manufacturers by posting good reviews but keeping bad thoughts to themselves, so I thought your post was refreshing.
icon10.gif
I've been sick of reading nothing but good reviews about all these amps, I don't even bother reading them anymore.

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #52 of 95
rather than condemning poster's enthusiasm for their audio gear, do you offer a counter-point if you feel that the playing field needs to be leveled? I would imagine that would be more productive than "not reading" posts.

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #53 of 95
Once again it has NOTHING to do with "protecting" the iBasso.

It's about the kind of attitude that was shown here.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #55 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a lot of people here like to pucker up for the manufacturers by posting good reviews but keeping bad thoughts to themselves, so I thought your post was refreshing.
icon10.gif
I've been sick of reading nothing but good reviews about all these amps, I don't even bother reading them anymore.

And obviously because you don't read anymore, you haven't noticed the negatives people have posted about the D1. Ridiculous.

Quote:

A lot of people are telling you to chill not because you are posting negative posts about the D1. I don't expect everyone to like the D1 even though I love it. I just find that the title of your post is out of line and a bit childish. Your post reflects your own opinions, and I am fine with your post, but the title is outrageous. Did you really expect people to just sit back and let you say something that they really love to listen to sucks? I understand that you are just upset about it, and that your ears enjoy another kind of sound, and your post is a refreshing point of view. I hope you can understand where I am coming from, or at least see the people-who-love-the-D1's point of view. I guess the cliche saying is "put yourself in someone else's shoe."

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #56 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rather than condemning poster's enthusiasm for their audio gear, do you offer a counter-point if you feel that the playing field needs to be leveled? I would imagine that would be more productive than "not reading" posts.

offer a counter-point?! ahahahaha... in other words, be a flame-bait and be called a troll?
biggrin.gif
no thanks. been there. done that. it was fun once but now its just boring.

I don't think anyone's enthusiasm for their audio gear should be "condemned." I see a lot of "wow!! amp XXX rocks!!" and a lot of "congratulations... welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!" replies...
rolleyes.gif
But one post about "amp YYY sucks!!" and this guy is getting buried in "ignore the troll" and "childish" and "buyers remorse" comments. what a joke!

i don't see how the op's negative emotional outburst is any less valid than positive emotional outbursts. If the op's unjustified negative criticism is unfair to the manufacturer, the same can be said about other unjustified positive criticism... but I don't see anyone getting called a troll or childish for making positive comments.... which proves prejudice goes both ways, but not a lot of people realize or care for it.... afterall, ignorance (and snobbery) is bliss.

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #57 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... but I don't see anyone getting called a troll or childish for making positive comments....

Which proves that you don't know exactly why people are upset or even what a troll is: a person who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #58 of 95
Quote:

I bought this iBasso D1 less than a full month ago, and it doesnt work anymore. It was a pain from the start, Id have to power it up more than once sometimes to get any sound. It got to the point where Id have to power it up four or five times before i got anything. The sad part was when it did work, I hardly noticed any difference between the computers headphone jack, and using this as a usb transport/dac/headphone amp. $200+ for a piece of crap. I contacted iBasoo and am hoping they will give me a refund. I just bought my fir st tube component, the Little Dot II++ and it sounds way better just coming out from the headphone jack on my computer without even having another DAC yet. The iBasso sounded like it was gonna be one of those great new products that was a steal, instead I feel I got robbed.
mad.gif

so sorry to quote this earlier post
u said u r no noob, u r not newbie, but clearly in your last statenment, u mentioned that ur computer don't even have DAC???

so how was the sound been converted? soundcard is not a DAC?

but in my opinion, u have to always be open to accept opinion. u are stating your own opinion, u mentioned it is sucks after all, so it does explain to others, "those who felt ibasso is good, you are idiot"...

i dont think it is rite, everybody having review which compare to others, and they even compare amp by amp, which i respect the most, others putting their effort, one comment of you, make everybody like idiot...

you can always hate the sound on ibasso, but please bear in mind that, you have to always using MORE amount of equipment to test, not just single/double headphone to test...don't you know that, a synergy of particular amp might not suit to particular headphone...

and again, you are no noob
confused.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #59 of 95
I think the "tick everyone off" message was the blanket statement "iBasso D1 sucks, beware", instead of "it sucks but my iBasso D sounds bad". Just ask people "Is this normal to sound like blah blah blah?"

But, It felt like you didn't even seem to consider the possibility that it was defective, but rather it was junk. And, when told it might be defective showed no interest in having it replaced. And, when considering the potential of opamp rolling, it wasn't worth your time. Then, the impression you gave me is that the D1 will never compete with the little dot ++ so why bother rolling opamps, if you ever bothered getting it replaced.

This IS JUST THE IMPRESSION I GOT from the whole thing. Very passive agressive for your first few posts here if you ask me.

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #60 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you elaborate on this "attitude" shown here? Your post is somewhat vague

Seems pretty obvious to everyone else who's posted here. Obviously you're more caught up in playing up some kind of righteous vanguard persona. Romantic idea but not a very logical one.

Nobody said it was wrong of him to criticize the ibasso. It's HOW he put it. Fanboy posts like "OMG I LOVE MY *******" are just as equally annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back