Ibasso Clone
Sep 30, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey/ Ga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw this listed on E-bay, and it looks like an Ibasso head amp..or copy thereof...any info on it??

Mini-Audio MAD-07( iBasso D2-boa ) headphone amplifier amp

Support by Worldwide Chinese Headphone Amplifier Dealer

If you'd looked a bit further you would have seen that it IS an iBasso.

Welcome to Audiophilechina

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 6
but why do they say designed my mini-audio? Is this the same company as ibasso? The faceplate has different text engraved than the original ibasso.

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you'd looked a bit further you would have seen that it IS an iBasso.

Welcome to Audiophilechina

I _did_ see the Ibasso name on the back, but saw that the faceplate and volume knob was changed, so I was concerned that it might be a counterfeit of a popular amp..like the Sennheiser ear bud rip-offs.

I wanted to get an Ibasso Viper, but they stopped making them, and the Boa didn't have socketed chips, so I got the XM-5. Perhaps one day, I'll get another amp for comparison...maybe a tube??

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but why do they say designed my mini-audio? Is this the same company as ibasso? The faceplate has different text engraved than the original ibasso.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Volume knob is different as well, and it wasn't on Ibasso.com when I checked yesterday.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 6
the mini audio is aim for china market, not the international market. Both are for under the same company call ibasso

the design and interface look the same as the normal ibasso normal selling in the market as well.

quote from their web

"
Our company has two brands, iBasso for international sale, and Mini-Audio for China Market. We only supply Mini-Audio products to our legal dealer in China and do not allow them to sell Mini-Audio products to other countries. If there is any Mini-Audio products returning from other countries for warranty request, we may reject the request or charge repair fee. Recently, there are some reports about illegal dealer selling Mini-Audio products online. Also, we have not release the D3 in Mini-Audio brand, some illegal dealer is selling Mini-Audio D3 online, but send the buyer D2 Boa insteal. Please be aware of that.

Sincerely

iBasso Audio

Dec, 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back