iBasso - Best ship method from U.S.?
Feb 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #16 of 23
Thanks a lot for the reassuring words. I'll try not to panic before another 3 weeks
wink.gif

I miss my D2 badly. I didn't remember how bad my laptop's headphone's output is really. The sound is very mushy and curiously it drives my DT250/250 at much higher volume than the D2. But then having to lower the volume at 15% or so really doesn't help, details are washed out, the bass is anemic and the highs are too preeminent

On my main rig, the headphone output of my RME9632 is underpowered to drive the HD600. I was using the D2's amp section while taking my time to find the "right" desktop amp and it did the job pretty well, bringing a very noticeable improvement over both the D2 via USB and the 9632 without an amp.

Please Mr Chinese postman, hurry up!

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #17 of 23
iBasso informed me today that they received and repaired my Viper which they are ready to ship. In the end, USPS shipping took 4 weeks.

I learned my lesson, saving $30 was not worth the 3 weeks delay (compared to UPS) nor the risk.

Anyway, happy ending. Now I can break my piggy bank to buy a DV336 instead of a replacement portable DAC+amp.

Good luck to the OP.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #18 of 23
iBasso confirmed receiving my D1 after 2 weeks. That was using USPS for $10. I'm paying them $22 to ship it back. It's just out of warranty, and they aren't charging me to reduce the gain and replace the input jacks that got loose somehow. So I'm good with this. Their communication has been constant and good also.

I'll probably use a faster ship option next time with insurance. Another $10 is probably worth the peace of mind.

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #19 of 23
what is difference?
USPS Global Priority Mail
USPS First Class Mail
USPS standard Mail

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 23
Is there any way for me to track my shipment (global priority via USPS)? I have my customs form # and Bill #...

I suppose once the shipment enters a new country, the USPS no longer has any control over it...

Anyone know?

Thanks,

J

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 23
if you didnt get a tracking number, which from what I remember USPS international priority doesnt have; then sorry but no there is no way you can track it within the u or not. and yes, once it reaches the destination country, it is no longer under their control

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 23
Well, it's now been 10 business days since I shipped via Priority Mail. Contacted customer service at USPS, who said they'll have the Chinese post office look into the matter...investigation will last 3 business days.

Anyone have any similar experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back