iBasso - Best ship method from U.S.?
Feb 6, 2009 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

tracyrick

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone shipped an iBasso amp back to China from the U.S.? What's the best ship method? Thx.

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 23
"Best", as in what?
* Shipping time?
* Safe arrival?
* Price?
* Least hassle?

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 23
I shipped by Global Priority mail. Fast, like 3 or 4 days and it got there. Air can take weeks.

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 23
Thanks guys. I chose USPS First Class for only $10 this morning. They said it will take 5-10 days, depending on Customs. With First Class, you can't add insurance, so I'm taking a significant risk. Hopefully I won't come to regret this later...

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys. I chose USPS First Class for only $10 this morning. They said it will take 5-10 days, depending on Customs. With First Class, you can't add insurance, so I'm taking a significant risk. Hopefully I won't come to regret this later...

You should go Priority at least.
I've experienced many lost when shipped by First Class to outside CONUS

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 23
The post office says 5 days but they don't know China. It can take much longer than that but I wish you the best of luck on it getting there in a short time.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 23
I agree on the insurance. It was $6 without and $26 with it. I didn't want to take the chance.

I upgraded my P2 to the P3 for $60 after iBassso received it. I just sent them an email asking if I could upgrade. Hopefully I will get it next week!

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 23
When I ship international I usually use Express Mail. I have sent several packages to Korea and they have been delivered within a few days. Not sure about China though.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 23
buy a ticket to US 16 hours pickup then go back total 40 hours
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

I'm in the same boat (or plane), I shipped my dead Viper on Feb 5th through USPS for $10 too. Of course after 2 weeks without hearing from iBasso now I'm experiencing shipper's remorse
redface.gif

I'll let you know when mine has been received.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #13 of 23
i paid ibasso for my d3 on sunday and received it today- thursday.
smily_headphones1.gif
i am close to san francisco though so all it had to do was fly in and get on the couriers truck. dhl brought it. i am shocked how fast it came! (standard shipping btw)

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

It might get to China in 5-10 days, but might take 4-6 weeks to actually get to iBasso. That's my experience returning one of my amps for service. It took slightly more than a month USPS. For some reason coming from China to US is much quicker. I might try the Global option mentioned next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back