Iaudio5 1GB for 2 years. STOLEN! Now, 1GB or 2GB?
May 4, 2006 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Basketballer

New Head-Fier
It's 7:00 am. My 2 year old 1GB Iaudio5 was stolen at the library right before 3. I listened to it every day all day. I went to order a new one just now and they are out of stock. When will they be back in stock?

Which should I choose? I wouldn't mind paying for the 2GB this time around since I love the Iaudio5 if the two are exactly alike besides the extra storage. More storage would be convenient, especially since I find myself always trying to pack the player to the last Mb. Is the Voice Recorder the same? I use the recorder a lot.

I have heard that the "Line In" on the 2GB player distorts and is bad quality. Is the same true with the 1GB player. I never used Line In with my 1GB. What is that for?

I have heard there is a file limit of 480 for both players and I've heard some people complaining. Is it really bad? 480 files is a lot, even with 2GB. I figure, if you have 20 Mp3 Cds stored on the player and each cd has 20 tracks. That's 400 files or 420 files if a folder is considered a file. That sounds like its worth the extra $70. Am I missing something here?

Would anyone like to share any other information that might help me make my decision?

May 5, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I bought a 1GB iAudio G3 and I love it. My only regret is that I didn't spend a little more and get the 2GB model. I was upgrading from a 128MB player and I thought that 1GB would be more than I'd need, but the first time I had to delete a CD to make room for a new one, I realized I should have got the 2GB model. You'll always be able to fill it up so if you have the cash, why not go for the 2GB?

The line in is for recording directly from a device such as as portable CD player to your player. I've never used mine and probably never will.

I think you're right, 480 files is a lot. Maybe you'd have a problem if you had a lot of small files, like short voice recordings or something. But if you mostly use if for music I can't see how it would be a problem.

Sorry to hear about your stolen iAudio 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back