Iaudio X5L Dead!! Which player should replace this?
Mar 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

veezhun

New Head-Fier
My X5L 30GB is dead. May it rest in peace. The HDD developed a fault and stopped responding completely. I had been using this for over 4 years now. I am used to the folder navigation and dont really like ID3 browsing, but I can live with it.

I am looking to buy something now. My preference is leaning towards the Cowon A3 80 GB. I have a lot of music in FLAC format. Since the A3 supports FLAC natively, I dont need to convert them.

However, the Ipod Touch is not looking bad. I love the navigation, the applications made for the touch and the looks. But this means conversion to ALAC. And only 32 GB.

I would sincerely love to hear what could be an ideal replacement for my Iaudio X5L.

The battery life has to be decent and the minimum storage must be 30GB.

Cheers.

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 12
Or just replacing the hard drive. It's cheaper, but the CF card is probably better. If you want a different player, H120?

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 12
How do i change the hard drive? I dont know how to do it. Could you please point me to the right direction?

Further, I am fine to buy another player. So if you could recommend something like the X5, that would also be great.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ernieBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do believe that the 32gb version of the s9 is around the corner

I'm pretty sure its already out.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 12
I had 1 and loved it-oh, the folder option. Do any other players have that ability?

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by stacey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure its already out.

Not out yet.

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by veezhun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do i change the hard drive? I dont know how to do it. Could you please point me to the right direction?

Just get a replacement Toshiba MK3006GAL 1.8" harddrive (online through eBay, etc), open up your X5 and swap the harddrives. I have done it once for my X5L. Trust me it is easier
wink.gif
than doing it for a iPod 4th gen 20GB...

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #11 of 12
Thanks Quadesl63. from your sig, i can see you have modded the x5L with a 40gb drive. is it working perfectly well? i managed to open the x5L and remove the dead HDD. the hitch is, the HDD was glued to the battery. and there was a small cushion at the bottom of the battery that was padding the hdd. did you manage to fit in the 40gb just like the factory fitted 30 gb?

Mar 14, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #12 of 12
get an D2 , with a 32GB SDHC
and you can change the card, theoratically you have unlimited storage , given the 16GB card is just less than $25. And it also has a battery that can be used up to 50 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back