Iaudio X5L 30gb Cheap?
Sep 28, 2005 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

lal316l

100+ Head-Fier
I'm pretty tempted to buy this player right now. eCost has this player for only $309.99. Anyone know any price cheaper? Seems like a bitchin' good deal.

X5L 30gb at eCost

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 46
You'd have a very hard time finding it cheaper than that. That price is the cheapest I've seen.

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #4 of 46
I wish Amazon.com sold the X5L 30 GB version.
Still waiting to purchase mine.
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #8 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis
WHY did you have to post this ARGGhh....

Nano...or x5....

Definitely go for the X5. More space, more codecs and better sound.
Nano is not very or not at all scratch proof.

Sep 28, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #9 of 46
well here goes:

I'm a long time iPod user so I've been spoiled by it's easy to use ui and have come to terms with iTunes (which I originaly abhorred).

All of my music is lame vbr --preset extreme

I don't believe in portable amps however I use a sik din with my gilmore lite on occasion. Ever since I bought a 3g I was quite disappointed in it's SQ.

I care about battery life, but not as much as most people do
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't care about video playback but photo abilities intrigue me as I've yet to experience a 4g photo/nano.

Still waiting for the $50 ipod settlement voucher, if that ever comes through I was planning to use it on a Nano!

SQ is important to me however so the x5l is a very attractive contender, the fact that I'll have to re-learn playlists and file structure viewing is kind of a turn off however... Where is that "rumored" firmware update??

Sep 28, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 46
****. i just bought that.

the 20L version for 275 isn't a bad price either if they run out of stock for the 30L before people get to see it. this price is hard to pass up, even if ecost is questionable in service since you can auction it easily if not return it. and without any breaking news of serious upgrades in the next season, universal price drops won't reach this low for a good while. well, that was my persuasion.

i am depending on id3 tag browsing, whether rockboxx or cowon will supply it, and they better within a reasonable time. well, i hope they do.
the only other thing as important as tag browsing is gapless, in the manner that rio had implemented it on the karma. i dont know whether rockboxx will have the genius to reproduce crossfade so brilliantly, or whether it will ever come back to any daplayer with the absence of rio.

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by elephantman
its cheap, but fxcking 15% tax to Ontario, and there is chance of getting raped by the customs.

Duty is calculated after you enter your shipping info. They're BorderFree so they simply charge you duty along with your payment. Unfortunetely, to ship it to Canada there is $20 Duty and almost $40 Shipping/Handling. You would be better off getting it from a Canadian retailer.. either www.ncix.com or www.computers4you.ca, the latter being cheaper with quicker shipping which is also free for orders over $400.

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 46
Bought it. . . Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back