iAudio X5
Jun 12, 2006 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mobile Fuzzman

Head-Fier
looking at a new DAP and i want to now if its true that you "can't browse by artist, album, or genre." also how is the audio/video quality? is it worth $279.85CAD? thanks for the help

oh also hows the build quality? any major problems with them??

Jun 12, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 8
its filetree. that means you browse the music on the device just as it appears in windows explorer when you plug it in. you can arrange it however you want when its connected to the computer, but the limitation is you can only see it one way on the player. most other mp3 players allow you to browse by different things artist-album-song-genre while you're using the player. that would require re-arranging folders while connected to a computer on the x5.

according to reviews, sound quality is on par with the other 2 big players(ipod and vision:m), video quality is much worse, and build quality is top notch.

extensive review and fansite (with forum)
http://iaudiophile.net/content.php?review.24

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by vyusseem
I think it's worth 279.85 CAD, where did you get this price?

You can get a 20GB X5 for $239 US. or $267 CAD

To the OP: The audio quality is very good IMO. Video? Meh. I will say you better have your music well organized while using this device. I dumped all of my files into it when I first got it and it was a nightmare finding anything. No problems when CD ripping though.

Jun 15, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Too bad there wasn't a 'sort by ...' option, but that didn't stop me from getting the X5 yesterday
eggosmile.gif

Some people don't like the control stick, but I think it's really compact and I don't have to move my hand around all over to change a song which reduces the chances of dropping it.
As far as I've had it the sound is very nice and comforting with preset and custom eq's. Thumbs wayyyyyyyy up.

Jun 15, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 8
I thought I read somewhere that recent firmware updates allowed you to sort by artist/album/genre... or was it Rockbox...
confused.gif
Either way someone is working on that issue if you are concerned. I actually prefer the file tree since that's how I've organized it on my computer, but to each his own.

Jun 15, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 8
push the extra dollars and get the L(long) version

I love the 35 hour battery life. It's actually on about 20-25 hrs if you like to change the songs and have high brightness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back