iaudio X5
Jun 8, 2005 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kschul2

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading about these and am pretty interested but had a few questions. I did search but couldn't really tell what was facts and what was just speculation. So here are my questions:

1. Is it out in the US?
2. Are there only 20GB and 30GB players or is there also a 60GB?
3. Does it support all FLAC compressions?
4. Is there a lineout?

Thanks.

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 19
1. Yes, I got mine at Newegg 2 weeks ago.

2. I believe there is a 30gig named the "X5L" L for longer batt. life, slightly larger. Dont know about 60gig though

3. It only supports FLAC compression 1 and 2

4. There is a lineout but you have to use an adapter

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 19
It actually supports all FLAC levels now, with a firmware upgrade

there are 20GB and 30GB models out right now, with a 60GB model coming soon. There will also be X5L versions of just the 20GB and 30GB models (60GB X5L would be too thick)

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 19
Thanks for the quick replies. This looks like a great alternative to an iPod. What adapter is necessary to use the line out? Also any idea when the 60GB model will be out?

Jun 8, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 19
Has it been confirmed that the line out is a true line out that bypasses the internal volume circuitry of the player?

Also will either of the USB allow for use with an external DAC like the Headroom Micro?

Jun 8, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd
(60GB X5L would be too thick)

I'm sure if they made it someone would buy it.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Also will either of the USB allow for use with an external DAC like the Headroom Micro?

It has USB host so it's three quarters of the way there. Now it just needs to include support for an external audio device which I don't think is there yet. I'm hoping for a firmware update...

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Has it been confirmed that the line out is a true line out that bypasses the internal volume circuitry of the player?

I read a review at iaudiophile.net (I believe) that said the volume of the line out remained constant no matter what volume setting.

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #15 of 19
Ok, so I am pondering about getting one of these...well either this or the Sony NW-HD5 when it comes out in the US. I currently use SonicStage, and have a few complaints, but not as many as some others do with it...anyway, was wondering what software i would have to switch to to use the x5?? ...i listen to a lot of music on my computer (it's basically my stereo at home), and I liked the way the music is organised in Sonicstage..at least compated with Windows Media Player ...Does the x5 come with its own program???...if not what is the best one to use. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back