iAudio X5+UE super.fi 5 pro+ pocket amp2v2: GOOD RIG?
Aug 19, 2005 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sicksugar

New Head-Fier
Hey...
i'm saving up to replace me current pretty lame portable rig.
I'm 100% set on getting the iAudio X5L as the source.
I'm still unsure about earphones and amp...
people have recommended the E4C for use with the X5, but since i listen mostly to rock music, i think this might not be as good as the super.fi 5pro's for me. i've also thought of getting a starter amp like the PA2V2.

1) Does anyone carry this rig and can comment about it?
2) Is there any point in getting a cheap amp with the SF5P, or would it be a waste? should i go for headroom amps micro or total airhead instead? or something even more extreme like the SR71 or the AE1? Budget is a problem, but if the PA2V2 is a waste of time, i might as well just save some more and get something that will make a difference..
3) Is the SF5P a mistake to use with the X5 with my type of music (rock, alternative, metal)?
4) Would the E4C with PA2V2 give better results than the SF5P's?

Thanks for the help..

Aug 19, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 5
For portability, I've been pretty damn happy with my X5L and my Westone UM2's. The X5 is PLENTY LOUD and detailed. When I'm at home I've been using the SR-71 with this set-up, but all that's pretty bulky, and the sound improvement through the sub-pack and/or headphone out hasn't been a major improvement (sadly and surprisingly).

Aug 19, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksugar
you signature says you're using a supermacro 3 with your X5... do you actually use it, and how would you rate it with the X5?

Honestly, I haven't used the SM3 that much with the X5L so far, long story short, I dropped the X5L and WRECKED the headphone jack just a few short weeks after getting the X5L. Two weeks at iAudio,and I just got it back, and I've been using it (when stationary) with the SR-71 while I charge up the SM3, which I hadn't used in a while. I'll give you some impressions in the next day or so. I'm sure the SM3 will show just fine, I kinda flip-flop as to which amp I like on any give day, week, month, album, track...you know what I mean.

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm using an x5l with a basic cmoy and sr125. And the cmoy makes a hell of a lot of difference, not only in volume.

great as the x5l is, i don't think the pav2 won't make a difference. It should go down to budget concerns.

if you listen to rock alot you should consider a grado, but its not portable at all in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back