iaudio x5 on dapreview
May 1, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #61 of 84
nice, i might get this over the zen micro
biggrin.gif

to get them for the cheapest, should i preorder, buy it when it comes out, or wait a few weeks?

also, will there be a group buy for this (maybe someone should organize one
biggrin.gif
)

May 1, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #64 of 84
side-mounted headphone jack isn't always bad, it's actually better when used with my headphones that have a right-angle plug.

Sennheiser HD25-1, Shure E3c, Koss KSC-35, etc

May 4, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #68 of 84
the GUI is better organized and generally more pleasant to work with
the joystick controller is better than the pad-thing on the H320
true random shuffle
dynamic playlisting
scheduled radio recording
much better build quality and materials
USB OTG
plays FLAC (up to compression level 8 now)
charges over USB

edit:
plays videos faster (15fps)
zoom and pan around in photos (don't know if H3xx can or not)

May 4, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #69 of 84
ok, normally the X5 should be available in Belgium (Europe) next week. I'm really considering this one. And for about 30 bucks more ill probably take the XL 30gig considering it almost triples the battery life.
It would be my first dap after my Creative NJB3 died. But i'm still wondering, is this a better player than the Sony hd5 or should i wait a little longer for the Chroma?
What do you guys think?

May 4, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #70 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambro
ok, normally the X5 should be available in Belgium (Europe) next week. I'm really considering this one. And for about 30 bucks more ill probably take the XL 30gig considering it almost triples the battery life.
It would be my first dap after my Creative NJB3 died. But i'm still wondering, is this a better player than the Sony hd5 or should i wait a little longer for the Chroma?
What do you guys think?

You'll wait forever for Rio. I gave up on 'em. As I've said, I've owned the iAudio M3 and now the Sony Vaio Pocket. Both iAudio and Sony make good products. It comes down to features you want/need in a DAP.

The Sony 30GB of the HD5 will have 20 - 30 hours of battery life, so a wash there. Sony has gapless (with ATRAC), etc. iAudio supports lossless with FLAC.

And so on ... make a list of the pros and cons of each, and go for it. I don't think getting the X5 or the HD5 is a bad choice, it's just personal taste and need in a DAP.

May 5, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #71 of 84
i just want to get a few things straight. most people say the battery life is 14 hrs, but i saw somewhere that theres a 35 hr battery , is this true? and if it doesnt use id3, does it just use tracknames??if so thats pretty crappy, as i thought only bare bones kinda dap's, usually only a gig or two didnt use id3. it could get very very alkward without id3. that aside, its one of the few players that has impressed me in overall looks and specs. if its battery turns out to be good (20+ hours) il be getting one of theese. what capacities does it come in

May 5, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #72 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by fguihen
i just want to get a few things straight. most people say the battery life is 14 hrs, but i saw somewhere that theres a 35 hr battery , is this true? and if it doesnt use id3, does it just use tracknames??if so thats pretty crappy, as i thought only bare bones kinda dap's, usually only a gig or two didnt use id3. it could get very very alkward without id3. that aside, its one of the few players that has impressed me in overall looks and specs. if its battery turns out to be good (20+ hours) il be getting one of theese. what capacities does it come in

the player with 35 hours is the x5L. It can display id3 tags but it can't browse through them like the ipod does. It only has file tree to look through songs. I believe it comes in 20 and 30 I am not sure if it comes in 40.

May 5, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #74 of 84
defo think il get me one a these. no player is perfect, and this one is no exception , but for me its about as close as we will get to perfect for the mo. great battery live, good UI, excellent sound, great equalizer, loads of storage, color screen. cant wait

May 15, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #75 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
note:
does not play OGG gapless, there is a gap between tracks
only supports FLAC up to compression level 2

http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1700

What trash, thanks for preventing me from wasting my money.

That's not FLAC support, and the fact that after two years, no player has caught up and tried gapless playback with codecs that are natively gapless is pathetic. And it doesn't even support FLAC right, which makes it obvious that since the M3, little work has gone into this. After two years, you'd think a Karma owner would be able to upgrade. I'd understand fine if it were less money, but not now. Looks the same as every other player on the market to me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back