iaudio x5 on dapreview
Apr 16, 2005 at 1:45 PM Post #31 of 84
couple other things

- USB transfers are very fast, some of the fastest I've seen
- can't view pics while listening to music
- video playback looks just fine, using the clips that come pre-loaded
- it can indeed charge over USB
- does have OTG playlisting but it's rather basic compared to Karma or NJB3. you can remove single or all tracks from OTG playlist but not rearrange or save multiples.
- screen REQUIRES backlight to see anything. otherwise it goes totally dark. that's the drawback of TFT displays compared to plain 'ol LCD's like the regular iPod. so, not good for use outside in the sun.
- case is made of some metallic alloy, feels solid and scratch resistant

Apr 17, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #32 of 84
Austonia: Can the X5 do fast forward / rewind with sound? I've heard, that the M3 can't do that, no sound while fast forwarding rewinding.
I like my h140 very much and tried a 340. The 340 normally turns off its tft display after a couple of seconds. When one then presses a button, the display just wakes up, nothing else happens, to execute the function of the button, one has to press it again. One can tell the player to leave the display always on, but then it proberbly needs much more battery power. Does this wake-up thing also exist on the X5?

Thanks

Apr 17, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #36 of 84
yup, that was a 40gb iPod. the iPod Photos are also thicker than it, IIRC.

tested video converting, fast (3x) and playback flawless. used Xvid/MP3 AVI's as source. screen ain't big so it's not exactley movie theatre quality but it would suffice on a plane/bus I suppose.

so far i'm pretty happy with this one. been awhile since I said that about a new player... Rio Carbon, I believe.

Apr 17, 2005 at 1:53 PM Post #38 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
yup, that was a 40gb iPod. the iPod Photos are also thicker than it, IIRC.

tested video converting, fast (3x) and playback flawless. used Xvid/MP3 AVI's as source. screen ain't big so it's not exactley movie theatre quality but it would suffice on a plane/bus I suppose.

so far i'm pretty happy with this one. been awhile since I said that about a new player... Rio Carbon, I believe.

Could you release some info about the video converting processs. Like resolution , fps, and video audio. How good is the scrolling, is ot accelerated when going through long lists or is it the same speed the whole time. How is the playlist supported. What is the boot time on the sucker.

Apr 17, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #39 of 84
Here's a video of a video (
confused.gif
) playing on the X5. Looks good enough, I'd say.

http://mediafile.paran.com/MEDIA_281...3671383_x5.wmv

Apr 17, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #40 of 84
this player looks awesome. It's very tempting. Only problems:
-14 hours is pretty good, but not fantastic (and battery is not removeable)
-still no tag browsing?? argh! that might be a dealbreaker for me
-side headphone jack seems like it would be annoying in my pocket. L-adapter is just one more thing to come unplugged, and still would seem annoying.

still looks very very nice though. i like the line out, even though it's not on the player. maybe someone can make a smaller adapter that just has the line out

Apr 20, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #41 of 84
i still have the ihp-100 (H100) and have been looking for a new player for quite some time now. after checking out the x5 and especially austonia's comments i think i'm sold. i don't know about you guys, but this seems to be the perfect upgrade for iriver 100/300 users. it looks like such a solid built player and so chic. if sony took over iriver, i think this would be the end result.

what's on my mind:
-i have the westone um2's and really like the sound quality from my iriver. (actually, been realizing lately that the g4 ipod actually sounds a notch better with normal eqs (for um2's, normal works better than the custom eq i had for regular buds)... iriver 8.5 vs ipod 9... sad truth or maybe i'm just over-rating that warm-ish sound of the ipod).. wonder how much better the iaudio will sound?
-i prefer using folders. wonder if the iaudio has even easier navigatation?
-iriver joystick vs iaudio joystick
-the inconvenience of the iaudio adapter

any other iriver-heads drooling for this to be released?

Apr 20, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #42 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
any other iriver-heads drooling for this to be released?

I am drooling along...drooling along. I really want a neutral sound player with an insane custom eq but I need to wait some more because their are a bunch of new player on the horizion.

Apr 20, 2005 at 10:53 AM Post #43 of 84
I saw this picture of a line out adapter that fits on the bottom ala ipod.

Line Out

Could this be used for a line out for my SuperMacro3?

Barry.

Apr 20, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #44 of 84
banger:
If that line out is as good as the Ipods, I'm gonna get one of these for sure
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back