iaudio X5 Help Needed
Dec 10, 2005 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gongos

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my player. When I plug it in it says USB device not recognized, and I can't get the stupid player to show up in My Computer. Any ideas?

Dec 10, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 18
same thing happened to me when i first got it, didnt show up, restarted a couple of times after installing the drivers on the cd and it worked

install jetshell and it should find the x5, transfer songs thru jetshell the first time, and for some reason, from then on, it starts recognizing the x5 as a separate drive

well thats what happened with mine...

Dec 10, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 18
Use the USB through the subpack and not the one on the player...Besides that, what OS are you running? Also, try updating your USB drivers on your own comp.

Dec 11, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by brian183
Use the USB through the subpack and not the one on the player...Besides that, what OS are you running? Also, try updating your USB drivers on your own comp.

Brian 183's right. If you're running any pre XP OS (windows 98 especially), you'll need to install drivers for your setup. If you're still experiencing problems, post your computer setup and the way you're attaching the X5 to your computer.

Dec 11, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gongos
I tried connecting it to another USB port, but nothing changed. It's still not showing up.

better exchange it or call cowon america tech support... be patient though, they may take awhile to get a hold of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back