iAudio X5 file sorting controversy
Jun 23, 2005 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

uncle b

500+ Head-Fier
Hey Y'all,

Now that my beloved iRiver iHP-120 is basically shot, Ia m looking into a 30G iAudio X5. My thing is what is the big deal about the file structure on the X5? I may be kinda dumb when it comes to a lot of this stuff, but on my iRiver here's how I used to have things loaded: What I'd do is basically using WMP, load albums into the player, they were organized by artist alphabetically, as were the albums inside each of those folders. It was simple, I had no playlists, no genre folders, just lots and lots of albums encoded in WMA, I knew where everything was, and I was happy. Is loading and organizing music on the X5 somehow more difficult? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Jun 23, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 8
nope. navi on the X5 is exactley the same as the iRiver. half the world prefers it that way while the other half would rather have an iPod-style navi. the third half would rather have both. and the remaining 25% are pretty happy with no navi at all - the iPod Shufflers. _shrugs_

Jun 23, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 8
I organize my music exactly the same way and that works fine on the X5. The issue is for people who aren't "album" oriented. Some of these folks just dump all of their songs into one folder and rely on a tag oriented database to make sense of it all.

Jun 23, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 8
I was a longtime user of ID3 based DAPs and the transition to the X5 was easy. It is an incredible player for the money. Great feature set and great sound to boot.

Jun 23, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 8
good to hear...waiting on my x5l. I primarily listen to music by album, so this shouldnt be a problem for me at all. Only thing I foresee being an issue is osme of my albums that either dont yet have the track number in the file name, or have the artist and album before the track number. Mediamonkey should help take care of that stuff though. My brothers Vaio Pocket just came in, and i gotta say im jealous of the album art feature and the screen itself, its very nice. Im als very impressed by the sound quality, as good as either of my Creative players. Hopefully the X5s audio quality stands up to the Sony, which i expect it will.

Jun 24, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 8
Let us know how they compare rbf
orphsmile.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 8
No problems loading ANYTHING into the iAudio. What a great player, can't wait to spend some serious listening time with it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back