IAudio X5 - anybody has it?
May 29, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #77 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushu
Also, the British pound is extremely strong at the moment, so exchange rates are higher.

That should drive the price in Britain down, though.
The US is a very strange place when it comes to pricing. We seem to buy a lot more crap, and spend a lot more money, but we complain about the prices for everything, despite the fact that they're typically lower here than anywhere else. Well except for beer, Britain has cheaper beer, you guys suck.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2005 at 9:32 AM Post #79 of 92
Jaysus, stop talking about currency,s because if it was sold in England for £160 which would be about $270, Cowon would be losing alot of money. You just dont convert something from **$ to **£, it just doesnt work like that.

May 29, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #80 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Jaysus, stop talking about currency,s because if it was sold in England for £160 which would be about $270, Cowon would be losing alot of money. You just dont convert something from **$ to **£, it just doesnt work like that.

don't mean you can be happy about being ripped off. How much does it cost Cowon to send players across the atlantic?

May 30, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #81 of 92
So, on the iAudiophile.net review, it says that it doesn't have a database of songs, it just sorts them by directory structire. But, he got a pre-production model. Has this been fixed on the newer firmware/final versions, or is that just the way it is, deal with it? That is the only thing holding me back from selling my iPod to get it.

May 30, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #82 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
Over at iAudiophile.net one of the X5 owners reports the volume level on his player's line-out is affected by its volume control! I was about to get an X5...but wait! We must get to the bottom of this.

Do tell!!! That does require an explanation. Wonder if any other owners can chime in on this? vr...keep me posted on what you find out.

May 30, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #83 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
don't mean you can be happy about being ripped off. How much does it cost Cowon to send players across the atlantic?

If you guys would be smart enough, you could buy these things in the States and sell them on the British Ebay and make a lot of money.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #84 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher
If you guys would be smart enough, you could buy these things in the States and sell them on the British Ebay and make a lot of money.
biggrin.gif

And then the smarter ones will come along and ask you "What about warranty and repair?"

May 30, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #85 of 92
to do those who own a X5, is it possible to play RealPlayer files after conversion?
Would be excellent to watch my Southpark collection
icon10.gif

anybody tried this yet?
greetz
ambro

Jun 3, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #87 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbox
And then the smarter ones will come along and ask you "What about warranty and repair?"

Well, what would you choose? A player for $300 with no warranty or the same player with it for $500 ?

Jun 4, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #88 of 92
Got mine a yesterday, im loving it now. The video is great, and the sound quality is just awesome, especially with all the EQ and weird effects. The battery life is OK, i wish it were more, but its better than an iPod's.

Jun 12, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #89 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Do tell!!! That does require an explanation. Wonder if any other owners can chime in on this? vr...keep me posted on what you find out.

after you turn off all the sound effects (even the EQs), then the volume of the line-out is unchangeable. Any sound effects you add to it lowers the volume of the line-out and the volume become changeable.

Jun 12, 2005 at 9:22 AM Post #90 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyPeN
So, on the iAudiophile.net review, it says that it doesn't have a database of songs, it just sorts them by directory structire. But, he got a pre-production model. Has this been fixed on the newer firmware/final versions, or is that just the way it is, deal with it? That is the only thing holding me back from selling my iPod to get it.

that's the way it is. a lot people prefer it that way.

they may add an iD3-tag dB in a future firmware update however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back