IAudio X5 - anybody has it?
May 20, 2005 at 12:20 PM Post #47 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd
no gapless, but the gaps are pretty small from what I read

it does support all FLAC compression levels now also

Uh oh....getting harder to stay faithful to my Karma! Hope I don't see a vendor selling this puppy who takes Paypal! That would be the death blow!

May 20, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #48 of 92
Mine came in and I love it just a fyi: you can use the korean firmware on the us version so you can get flac support up to "8"
So far the sound quality is nice. not as sexy as my karma though or maybe I'm just used to the sound the karma puts out we'll see in a while but I am digging the ubotg

May 20, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #49 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadwing
Mine came in and I love it ... I am digging the ubotg

Post some pics please (maybe next to some reference objects.)
How is the USBOTG? More details. Thanks!

May 20, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #52 of 92
iAudio X5 30GB update:

According to a rep from eCost, they are expecting 10 units (30GB) on June 15th. As of now, they have 5 available. They said they do not charge your card till the item ships. $309 plus $1.99 shipping and $6.95 handling fee. Not a bad deal. I just might buy me one.

May 21, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #53 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
iAudio X5 30GB update:

According to a rep from eCost, they are expecting 10 units (30GB) on June 15th. As of now, they have 5 available. They said they do not charge your card till the item ships. $309 plus $1.99 shipping and $6.95 handling fee. Not a bad deal. I just might buy me one.

Nice! Curious...has anyone had the chance to compare it to the Karma in terms of sound quality? austonia?? If I could get an additional 10GB AND FLAC support without losing too much in sound quality, I'd really consider it.

I didn't see an answer but heck, let's ask again...does anyone have word on larger HD's coming down in this player? 40 or 60GB?? Time frame?

May 21, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #55 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd
I believe the said a 60GB version will be out a little after the 20/30GB ones where released

Thanks David. That's what I'm waiting for. Now I just need a sound comparison between the 5 and karma. Austonia...where are you when we need you?
tongue.gif
Impart wisdom to us!

May 21, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #56 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Thanks David. That's what I'm waiting for. Now I just need a sound comparison between the 5 and karma. Austonia...where are you when we need you?
tongue.gif
Impart wisdom to us!

i'm not about to get into SQ discussions these days. suffice to say, X5 sound quality is on the same level as other premium brands/models.

May 21, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #58 of 92
I also have a Rio Karma I've found the karma to sound a tad better but then again I had good eq settings on the karma which I have yet to experiment with on the x5
I think overall the x5 is the better package

May 21, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #59 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by grox
according to the review by exity there won't be a 60 gig model...

no, Exity's review says there will be no 60GB X5L, because it would be too thick, but their will be a standard 60GB X5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back