iAudio U3
Feb 15, 2006 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Amplitude

New Head-Fier
I got my U3 today, and I am amazed. I previously used an iPod 4g (not photo) and the jump in sound quality is crazy after a tiny bit of playing around with the settings. So much better it is still giving me chills with every new song. It looks as good as it sounds, too, a little smaller than I expected from the pics online and very sleek. It is just heavy enough not to feel flimsy. Also, the built in mic is surprisingly accurate and sensitive.

I wouldn't recommend this player for people who want to watch movies or listen to a lot or radio though, the screen is straining to look at for long, and the FM reception is acceptable, but not anything special. The USB port cover worries me too, it seems a little weak. In the end though, the cover isnt really necessary so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it fell off.

I can't get over how good this little thing sounds, and I hope more people can experience its awesomeness
tongue.gif
. If you are looking for a flash player I highly recommend the U3.

Headphones: UM1 (No hiss), PortaPros, KSC-75
Music ripped at 192 kbps mp3

Feb 15, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 6
Glad to hear that you enjoy yours, I'm considering picking up a G3 or 5 (If I can find the 5 for a decent price I'd rather have that). This may sound like a really weird question, but I had another thread that didn't get much traffic about it, how low can you turn the volume on it? I like to have the music barely audible sometimes but in the past I haven't been able to find players that could do that.

Congrats on the good purchase
580smile.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #4 of 6
The volume goes very low, to the point where I can't hear much of anything on my 75s, but can still make out lyrics on my UM1s. It only goes a tiny bit lower than the ipod can before cutting out, though, so if you found that too loud this probably will be too (although I can't think of any reason to need music any quieter than that
tongue.gif
).

The interface does have a little learning curve, but once I got it I didn't find it clumsy.

Still happy with it now, although I am posotive that usb cover is falling off in under a week
rolleyes.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 6
Thank you so much for checking, Amplitude, that was something I wasn't sure about as they tout the power of their headphone output. Otherwise I've heard nothing but good things about them (besides the somewhat funky navigation, but that won't bother me any). Looks like I'll be picking up an iAudio player in the near future
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 6
I am really enjoying my U3 as well. I wanted to get the white one but the 2G is black only. I went with all flac even though I couldn't tell the difference anymore at 320cbr (faster for me to rip flac than mp3 so more convinient anyways). Right now I am looking for an unamp headphone to go with it. The U3 is slightly bigger than most volume controls, so portability is the whole point. But it's not slouch when it comes to SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back