iaudio u2/mac user needs help
Sep 10, 2006 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

916Kev

New Head-Fier
hey all, i just got a 2gb iaudio u2 few hours ago and i tried to transfer some songs but when i hook it up (usb) the player will say ready/usb but the drive will not show up on my powerbook's desktop. i tried it on my dad's sony vaio desktop and it showed up. i don't know what's going on. i had a iaudio m3 a while back and it was easy as pie. hook up usb, removable drive would show up, you'd have ur file tree navigation set up and it was simply click n draggin my itunes stuff over and unmounting. can anyone help me out? i just got the player and haven't had a chance to play anything cept for the demo song (weak). thanks for the help.

Sep 10, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Which model Powerbook? Do you have USB1.1 or 2.0? Some USB players (the MobiBLU 1500i didn't show on my then older Mac) evidently won't show without 2.0.

Sep 10, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Does it show up in 'Disk Utility'?

Sep 10, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 5
thanks for the replies. it's a 15" g4. i got it last year. it's the model before they upgraded with the brighter screens edition. it's usb 2.0 and the drive doesn't show up in disk utility. i'm sittin here lookin at the u2 with the screen saying ready/usb and a pic of pc---u2, it's fully charged. don't know what to do.
frown.gif

i just tried pluggin in my sony micro 256mb but it doesn't detect that! i'm using my only other usb port for my wireless mouse and that seems to be workin fine. and i use firewire to connect my ext hd (music). what's goin on??

after some more testing, seems that the usb port on the left side (where the power goes in) works but the port on the right side (where firewire is) doesn't seem to work. i plugged the u2 into the left usb port and it finally detected it, shows up on my desktop, disk utility sees it. i think my pb might be dyin....(the warranty just expired like a week ago, honestly...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back