iaudio m3 review
Apr 19, 2004 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

eddycha

New Head-Fier
hey Guys

I'm REALLY interested in this HD player. I've been waiting for ages for one that I like to come out and This one really has got a lot to offer.

But i'm not going to buy it just yet till I can read a full and detailed review of one, and see a picture of the other metallic finishes (brown sounds tasty)

So what i'm really after is a complete review with pics, and info about battery, sound, quality, navigation etc

thanks

ed

Apr 19, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 8
there's some info & links to pics of the M3 on the frontpage of dapreview.com

it's going for about $500 in the UK right now (!)

Apr 19, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
it's going for about $500 in the UK right now (!)

Er, so? That's about what most new 20gig mp3 players cost here, and is £20/$36 cheaper than the price of 20gb iPod when it first came out. What point are you making with the "!" ?

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomegranate
Er, so? That's about what most new 20gig mp3 players cost here, and is £20/$36 cheaper than the price of 20gb iPod when it first came out. What point are you making with the "!" ?

because most Head-Fi members are in the US and that's very expensive in comparison to what we're used to over here. Something like this should go for no more than $350. It's closest competitor would be the iHP-120 which runs $330 now, but has even more features. if it's a good deal for the UK boys, more power to ya.

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 8
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think electronics are generally marked up higher in the UK. The iAudio M3 should be about $380 when it comes to the US and I think that's how much the price is currently in Korea, which, is a very fair price i think. It's pretty feature rich as well combined with a very small footprint (smaller than the equivalent 20GB iPod).

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes well thank you all. We in the UK are very used to being ripped off, though as it was stated earlier, £280 is pretty normal with the ihp selling for £255. However, comparing it to American prices annoys me because the price comparison is so different.

ANYWAYS - i did want to know if there was a review available
tongue.gif
thank you DAPREVIEW i had seen your new website before posting this message. It is a brilliant website and the info was very useful, i was just looking for a review, though i doubt they will come fast as its only available in Europe and most of the big reviewers are based in america. Kinda silly.

But if i find one, i'll let you know and hopefully you'll do likewise
smily_headphones1.gif

Ed

P.S. how long do you recon that huge review of those other HD players is gona be? cheers

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddycha
P.S. how long do you recon that huge review of those other HD players is gona be? cheers

heh.. yeah, i know. I havn't covered the Dell Dj or iRiver iHP yet but there are other reviews available. I'm a little more detail-orientated so it takes time. I've had my hands full just getting the new site ready, and I still have to go through a sticky process of upgrading it to a newer version which could nuke the site, but hopefully not. as to your question, whenever I can find time... usually at work when it's slow
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 8
Yes... the US folks get a lot of things relatively inexpensively, and still they complain. Don't get me started...
biggrin.gif

iAudio4 also got quite a bit of rave in the various Japanese reviews I came across, before and after all the sound effects it came with (BBE, etc)... so I too have high expectations for the m3
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back