iAudio D2 4 gig is available in the US.
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking of getting the 4 gig only if Audiolineout can make an audiophile grade version of this cable http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=304.

My go-vibe wants a new mate!

Later.
DO!

I'm assuming you talking about using this cable as direct line out for audio files. If so..as of now..this is not possible. The D2 will only play the audio portion of video files through the TV line out port. It is not possible to play audio files this way. Hopefully future firmware upgrades might address this.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #18 of 26
Just wondering, is it annoying to always use your stylus for the controls? As I heard there isn't anywhere to store the stylus so it could be easy to lose... are you able to use your fingernail/tip for the controls?

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by keiith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering, is it annoying to always use your stylus for the controls? As I heard there isn't anywhere to store the stylus so it could be easy to lose... are you able to use your fingernail/tip for the controls?

You can use your fingertips for the controls. I looped the strap of the stylus through the slot which is used as the stylus stand, so it stays on that way.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #20 of 26
JetMail on eBay are all sold out, preorder only.
JetMail should run out shortly too,
so glad I already ordered my D2 4G.
icon10.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by KJAM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm assuming you talking about using this cable as direct line out for audio files. If so..as of now..this is not possible. The D2 will only play the audio portion of video files through the TV line out port. It is not possible to play audio files this way. Hopefully future firmware upgrades might address this.

That's exaxtly what i'm saying. Instead of left and right rca why not a 1/8" stereo plug to the video out. Seems possible and I don't see why added firmware is needed. If i still had my headamp ae-1 could just plug the above mentioned cable into the rca in and not use the yellow (video portion). Am I missing something? Please explain. Never mind I just got what your saying. It won't work with audio only files. Duh!!! MIsread the above quote.

Thanks.
DO!

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

That's exaxtly what i'm saying. Instead of left and right rca why not a 1/8" stereo plug to the video out. Seems possible and I don't see why added firmware is needed. If i still had my headamp ae-1 could just plug the above mentioned cable into the rca in and not use the yellow (video portion). Am I missing something? Please explain. Never mind I just got what your saying. It won't work with audio only files. Duh!!! MIsread the above quote.

Thanks.
DO!

Hes saying in the current firmware, line ut works only with video, not with audio.

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #24 of 26
I apologize for my ignorance regarding this subject. Am I correct that you can watch a movie file through your tv with audio but you can not listen to a music file through the same output be it on your tv or stereo because of firmware issues? Again I apologize for making this more difficult that it is. This makes sense to me if this is the case. If audio is not supported at all yet than hooking it to a tv is pointless if only the video portion is working.

Thanks.
DO!

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

I apologize for my ignorance regarding this subject. Am I correct that you can watch a movie file through your tv with audio but you can not listen to a music file through the same output be it on your tv or stereo because of firmware issues? Again I apologize for making this more difficult that it is. This makes sense to me if this is the case. If audio is not supported at all yet than hooking it to a tv is pointless if only the video portion is working.

Thanks.
DO!

I think you have the idea...but just to clarify...To activate the TV out port you must set the player to "Video" mode. You can browse and play your video files on the D2 when it's in "Video" mode...but it will not even allow you to access your audio files much less play them in "Video" mode.

Yes..at this time you can watch a video file on your TV with sound, so all is not lost. Hope this helped!

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by KJAM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you have the idea...but just to clarify...To activate the TV out port you must set the player to "Video" mode. You can browse and play your video files on the D2 when it's in "Video" mode...but it will not even allow you to access your audio files much less play them in "Video" mode.

Yes..at this time you can watch a video file on your TV with sound, so all is not lost. Hope this helped!

That makes complete sense to me. I'm so tempted to get one of these but will wait and see what lies up ahead.

Thanks for all the help.
DO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back