iAudio 7 line out?
Aug 20, 2007 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

alitomr

500+ Head-Fier
Does it have one? I am practically decided for this one after my second zen vision M died but i dont see any review or their web page mentioning the line out or lack of it. I find this to be a major MINUS if it'snot present...

What would be another good choice for a flash based with a decent line out?

Notice i say decent only. Not superb or anything like that. I just want the best SQwise and a line out. The iaudio sounds like the best choice at this point..i hope it does have the line out....

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 11
No line out i'm afraid, just a line in and headphone out. Would have been a perfect player otherwise.

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 11
I supose a good thing would be a Y cable to connect FROM the headphone out to the analog RCA ins in my A/V receiver. I understand the output power of the headphone out is very high and my needs are too many when it comes to audio quality. It might be good enough for me.

If anyone have one i7 and can post about the results under the that scenario let me know.

Thanks.

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone have one i7 and can post about the results under the that scenario let me know.

Thanks.

I'd like to know this too!

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 11
I use a Zu Cable splitter for that.

I keep my Iaudio at 25 on the volume all the time and used that volume setting for use with my smallish home system, TV, and a friends game system without incident.

Of note is that some equipment seems to provide a higher level of sound volume through the line level out connection than the Iaudio 7 at the noted volume setting.

Depending on what I plugged it into, I did have to play with the EQ, though.

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 11
Interesting!

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 11
Just to kill my curiousity, what is the issue with running a non-line-out source to a line-in?

I've been doing this type of thing since the early '80's without any problems (many times my portables were better sound sources than, for example, my car's head unit - as well as larger portable sound systems).

Aug 22, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #11 of 11
Oh, the "clean, pure signal" issue.

I wondered if there was a potential damage problem.Too much voltage, amperage, or some such.

I just want something that sounds good to me. Some equipment I've owned did have a better sounding line out, but that was the exception (bought too many "higher end" players, I guess, or just plain lucky). If the headphone out actually sounds good, usually the line out makes no significant improvement to me.

Well, give it a try is all I can recommend. At worse, you have to invest in a mini-plug to RCA splitter cable (which is handy to have, anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back